Turn on thread page Beta

Islamic/Arab hypocrisy regarding cartoons!!?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Here is a link to a site showing just a few of the countless disgracefully antisemitic publications in Arab/Muslim newspapers - it is clear that the majority of Muslims do not think it is bad to caricature religion negatively, merely to insult their precious Islam!

http://somebodyhelpme.info/cartoons/...i-Semitic.html

check this one out too:

www.pmw.org.il

ReputationRep:
    Sorry dude, we've already done this a million times. But yeah, it is extreme hypocracy which undermines their entire case.

ReputationRep:
    Id rather the cartoons of Mohammed be printed than any of those vile ones

ReputationRep:
    Must agree, these cartoons are far, far worse than the Mohammed ones. If anyone has the right to start demos, it would be the Jews.

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievable hypocrisy.

ReputationRep:
    goto this website http://www.boomka.org

ReputationRep:
    The irony is that this might hurt the Arab governments more than it helped them; will hopefully teach them twice about pulling a stunt like this in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Allow me to explain, the cartoons that you see is a drawing a link between what Hitler did to the Jews and what Isralies are doing to Palestinians. It is the idea of slow death with the approval of the International Community. I dont see why some JEWS might be offended as the satire is about Israel's aggressive policy and the US's blind support to it. From a Palestinian prespective, this is a perfectly normal cartoon that represents the feelings of Palestinians on the ground, who only see killing from the Israeli side. E.g. the killing of a girl a day ago.

ReputationRep:
    Allow me to explain, the cartoons that you see is a drawing a link between what Hitler did to the Jews and what Isralies are doing to Palestinians. It is the idea of slow death with the approval of the International Community. I dont see why some JEWS might be offended as the satire is about Israel's aggressive policy and the US's blind support to it. From a Palestinian prespective, this is a perfectly normal cartoon that represents the feelings of Palestinians on the ground, who only see killing from the Israeli side. E.g. the killing of a girl a day ago.
    Now, can't you say the same thing about the Danish cartoons about Mohammed - that the cartoons are only linking what the extremist groups to to Islam?

ReputationRep:
    I think you are ignorant about the figures, I dont blame you I just blame the media for not emphasising on the number. Since 1948, the number of Palestinian deaths is closing on 700,000, I mean the deaths caused directly or indirectly as a result of Israeli (settlers and army) aggression. I dont think the deaths have to reach 6 million for the world to realise that they have to intervene.

(Original post by slaw)
    Now, can't you say the same thing about the Danish cartoons about Mohammed - that the cartoons are only linking what the extremist groups to to Islam?
    No I dont think you can because the analogies are not logically similar. The state of Israel is a governed by a party that takes decisions to exterminate a number of Palestinian alledgedly for security reasons, the killing of innocent civilians is terrorism no matter what the circumstances are, Sharon for instance was involved in massacres in Lebanon.
    On the otherside you are accussing 1.2 billion muslims of following Prophet Mohamed, portrayed in the cartoon as being pervert and a terrorist. The link that happened was between Islam as a religion and terrorism. Not Islamic extremists and terrorism. I think the analogy can be if a cartoon came out with Moses holding a gun and shooting a Palestinian child or something along that line. That I would condemn severely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PPEstudent)
    Many of the cartoons have nothing to do with Israel, and Israel is almost always represented by an antisemitic stereotype or a star of David. It is always Jews that are targeted, not Israelis. In very few cartoons, it say 'Israelis'. AND you have clearly only looked at the first few because most of them have nothing to do with the Nazis (anyway it is extremely offensive to draw a Magen-David superimposed onto a swastika - much worse than any of the Mohammed cartoons)

Now, when yoo compare these to the Danish cartoons, only two of which were negative in any way, you ought to see this hyprocrisy. The fact that you dont condemn these or accept that they are in the slightest hyprocritical, will just lead people to see all of your arguments as invalid. Nice one:yy:

ReputationRep:
    talking of 'holocausts' , look what the Arabs had in mind for the Jews of Palestine in 1948: :eek:

"This will be a war of extermination and a momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Mongolian massacres and the Crusades." - Azzam Pasha, Secretary-General of the Arab League, 1948

!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think you are ignorant about the figures, I dont blame you I just blame the media for not emphasising on the number. Since 1948, the number of Palestinian deaths is closing on 700,000.
    Proof?

ReputationRep:
    Just stop right now Pratstudent, your hole is deep enough. You obviously haven't visited an extermination camp. When one actually goes there your mind is changed for good. Only arm chair liberals like you make silly comments, with no great deal of thought. You certainly have been brainwashed.

ReputationRep:
    And the number of Jewish deaths at the hands of the Arabs?

ReputationRep:
    Again if you present this to any of your friends that speak Arabic (I doubt there are many) he will tell you that most of the translation deliberately mention the word jewish or jews but in fact NON of the cartoons have the word jew. As for the signs such the star of David it is the symbol of the state of Israel (the flag) not Jews. I think that there is deliberate drag to the conflict to include jews while it has nothing to do with them, with an exception of only one cartoon, non of the cartoons are targeted towards the Jewish religion.

Again when I say there is a link between the holocaust and the Palestinian suffering I am not at all degrading or denying the holocaust. My point is that Palestinians are suffering and people are dieing, it is a fact, the Jewish holocaust happened in a duration of 5 years, a Palestinian holocaust might take up to 500 million years to reach the same number, but still Palestinians are dieing and suffering. It only takes a vist to any refugee camp or the Gaza strip to know. It is a duty on jews to endeavour to stop the killing because they themselves experienced a genocide. I repeat do we have to reach the millions in order for the world decide to intervene or for all Jews to condemn killing Palestinians?

ReputationRep:
    Again if you present this to any of your friends that speak Arabic (I doubt there are many) he will tell you that most of the translation deliberately mention the word jewish or jews but in fact NON of the cartoons have the word jew. As for the signs such the star of David it is the symbol of the state of Israel (the flag) not Jews. I think that there is deliberate drag to the conflict to include jews while it has nothing to do with them, with an exception of only one cartoon, non of the cartoons are targeted towards the Jewish religion.

Again when I say there is a link between the holocaust and the Palestinian suffering I am not at all degrading or denying the holocaust. My point is that Palestinians are suffering and people are dieing, it is a fact, the Jewish holocaust happened in a duration of 5 years, a Palestinian holocaust might take up to 500 million years to reach the same number, but still Palestinians are dieing and suffering. It only takes a vist to any refugee camp or the Gaza strip to know. It is a duty on jews to endeavour to stop the killing because they themselves experienced a genocide. I repeat do we have to reach the millions in order for the world decide to intervene or for all Jews to condemn killing Palestinians?
    1) that is simply not true - almost all of the cartoons depict a Jewish stereotype, some depict the blood libel etc.
    2) I thought we established that Palestinian suffering is not entirely
    the fault of the Jews? For example, those refugee camps exist because Arabs left Jewish-conrolled Palestine in 1948, buoyed by claims of "a war of extermination and a momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Mongolian massacres and the Crusades." - Abdul Azzam (SC of Arab League), surely the onus by now would have been on the fellow arabs to get them out of there? Instead of using them as a weapon against Israel to suit their own agendas, because it has become clear to them that they are incapable matching Israel in a conventional war. ^o)

and what does this have to do with cartoons? stop detracting people from that which your people are guilty of!

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, either ALL Muslims are right and ALL Jews are wrong, or vice versa. 'Your people' are ALL guilty or all innocent.
    There couldn't possibly be grey areas. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    iv seen the anti semtic pictures. And as a muslim i thing it is stupid . if the people knew the true knowlege about islam then they would not do that. The prophet use to trade with jews. The Quran tells us to speak in kind words to the people of the book. Meaning Jews and Christians. so these picture are very very wrong ,. i apologize on behalf of the people who produced these. But it should be noted all the pictures which are anti semtic are produced of people and poltical leaders none of prophets.WE produce picture of bush , blair , bin laden. so in this case it is not really.hypocrisy.

ReputationRep:
    Um...why was my post deleted? It was relevant to the topic: we have individuals even here who oppose the publishing of the Muhammed cartoons and then engage in anti-Semitic slurs when they think they won't be caught.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.