The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Margerie Dawes
they don't try and understand you too much
I'd be lucky to understand anything about women at all.
Reply 2
I think that a certain level of masculinity is really attractive. I like to be able to tell that a guy is a guy if you know what I mean? :redface:

On the otherhand, I don't like some aspects that would be associated with the typical "male" role:rolleyes: . It's sometimes so irritating when a man is too embarrassed to show his feelings or is unable to show any interest in things I'm interested in just because he percieves them as "girly" :mad:
Reply 3
girls prefer

They don't prefer anything. Trial and error is the only way forward.
i'm a lesbian, but back in my 'straight days' i liked a guy that was fairly many, although not too proud to hold your hand in public or kiss you goodbye in front of his mates
Margerie Dawes
How much do you girls prefer guys with more 'manly' personalities i.e they don't try and understand you too much or kiss your arse when they fancy you etc in contrast to metrosexual sensitive guys.

i like menly men but thats only cos im a sucker for bad boys!
I consider myself a very manly man so if anyone here fancies hooking up. PM.
Reply 7
I like the happy medium which I generally think of as "mature."
Reply 8
Ditto.
Nope, like girly boys, I find the ´manly ones´very animalistic, and really quite disgusting.
Id like a boy who was caring, loving, affectionate and not into all that show off infront of friends crap. definatly manly features, but more feminine personality.
Reply 11
wednesburywench
Id like a boy who was caring, loving, affectionate and not into all that show off infront of friends crap. definatly manly features, but more feminine personality.

Good good... What's your number? :biggrin:

I'm still pretty sure that the fundamental element of female attraction seeks masculine features, often physically through body language and a more dominant nature, but this does not include more complex aspects of personality.

unable to show any interest in things I'm interested in just because he percieves them as "girly"

I find that so annoying too...it gives guys a bad name... I don't care how "feminine" something is, if I like it, I will pursue it, masculinity and femininity are not how one fulfils the social images (although there are some truths in it) but the development of a personality inside.
meh hard to say rele. i love the way i can talk to my bf and i attribute that to his 25% woman brain (some bbc quiz thing) he is definitely not shy about public displays of affection or nething like that. in other ways he is very manly tho. maybe a little too much if his wardrobe is nehting to go by :tongue:

i spose i have the happy medium :smile:
Reply 13
I'm not a manly guy ... :p:
Reply 14
I like my guys to be big burly and hairy. No emotion at alll.
Reply 15
high priestess fnord
meh hard to say rele. i love the way i can talk to my bf and i attribute that to his 25% woman brain (some bbc quiz thing) he is definitely not shy about public displays of affection or nething like that. in other ways he is very manly tho. maybe a little too much if his wardrobe is nehting to go by :tongue:

i spose i have the happy medium :smile:

Lol according to that quiz I had a 60:40 M:F brain ratio :biggrin:
I think it is instinctive for girls to go for guys they perceive to be 'better' thats why jerks are generally more popular than 'nice guys', women like to be dominated in, and out of the bedroom :wink:
Reply 17
Eien
Lol according to that quiz I had a 60:40 M:F brain ratio :biggrin:

I seem to remember getting the same, and I'm a girl :frown:
I'd like a macho-looking guy with an understanding, metrosexual personality...........they dnt exist do they?!
I punch people to convey my emotions. I speak 3 times a day. I eat whole cows in one sitting. I also enjoy writing poetry, taking longs walks on the beach and arranging flowers.