Earrings and necklaces... Watch

Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi All.

These are some of the things I've been making recently, it interests me and it goes towards my field of chosen study.

In a desperate attempt to start raising funds for next years university fees (erm, and next terms!), I've decided to try the fund raising technique that got me through my first degree - jewellery making.

While it was easy to sell to 'boho' shops in both Swansea and Oxford, it's probably going to be harder to find anywhere like that near to where I currently live, and I don't really have the time to dedicate to finding outlets, so I've decided to try selling on e-bay.

The beauty of selling on e-bay is that there's no shop to put a further mark up on the products to make a profit, and I'm trying not to be greedy with what I ask for. The problems are getting word out and building up a client base, so I'm hoping I might get feedback, offers of both from friends on here.

Everything listed is made in silver plate or gilt (although I can do sterling silver - just ask), none of my material are 'salvaged', so you can be sure everything is new and as sterile as this kind of jewellery can be.

If anyone wants anything particular earring wise, i.e. specific combinations of beads and colours, I can probably do it, just ask! I'll also be adding to my collection over the next few weeks, I'm just waiting for my camera batteries to recharge so I can put the few necklaces I have up and hopefully I'll put together some more chokers and other necklaces when I get the chance.

To see my items, click HERE!

Some items may make nice 'I love you' or 'thank you' trinkets for loved ones and friends, and it's Mothers day next month...

Thanks for looking

Fluffy xxx
girlgerms
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Onyx bead drop earrings are gorgeous! I shall be purchasing them... Could you do a matching necklace? (Short, not quite a choker, length)

I shall add you to my favourite sellers
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They look amazing!
I would buy them off ebay..but my parents have this major no-no about it :hmpf: any other way I could buy them off you??
hannasmith22
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
jus checked them out they are totally amazing! you really have a talent i turn 18 in 3 days so i shall definately be buying some then!!
Fluffy
Rep:
?
(Original post by girlgerms)
The Onyx bead drop earrings are gorgeous! I shall be purchasing them... Could you do a matching necklace? (Short, not quite a choker, length)

I shall add you to my favourite sellers
Sure - what sort of thing are you after? I have plenty of the Onyx-like beads left, so if you can find a picture of a style you like, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

Fluffyxxx
Fluffy
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannasmith22)
jus checked them out they are totally amazing! you really have a talent i turn 18 in 3 days so i shall definately be buying some then!!
That's very kind of you to say so . I used to make things that were a lot more elaborate, but until I get myself re-established, I'm going to KISS! (Keep it simple but sparkly!).

Hope you have a great birthday!

Fxx
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wow they're amazing! I shall be getting some when I get paid.
dancingqueen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lovely! I'll get some when I sort out my paypal account, grrrr....
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Hi All,

As it was a bit naughty of me to be pushing my wears on here, the mods have asked that I do not 'actively' advertise on here, but to put stuff in my sig. So I have!

Hopefully more stuff will be going up on ebay over the next few days, otherwise you can buy direct from me from my 'photobucket' album [see signature] - prices on request!

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement (and purchases!!) .

Hugs, fxxx
girl afraid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A bit p!ssing unfair that I got an alert for posting one of my eBay auctions, which was then deleted, and you get away with it. :mad: You can't allow one person to do it, and enforce the rule on everybody else.
e_clark
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ur stuff is gorgeous!!! just bought a necklace and earrings from u, but seriously u r underpricing, u must have a put time in and the beads and stuff, if i was u i wud charge a bit more
starya
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I love the earrings! But why does it on Ebay in the paypal box with pics of credit cards show Visa Electron but on the paypal site it doesn't accept it as a form of payment?
Fluffy
Rep:
?
(Original post by e_clark)
ur stuff is gorgeous!!! just bought a necklace and earrings from u, but seriously u r underpricing, u must have a put time in and the beads and stuff, if i was u i wud charge a bit more
I know I said I wouldn't post, but just wanted to thank you for your comments (and your orders!), and address the price comment.

I sentyour necklace yesterday, so hopefully it is with you now, I'll post off your earrings later today if I get the chance [I need to try and knock out a presentation on palliative care in stroke today, so am not 100% sure if I'll have time to get to the PO].

I thought I'd start pricing low to see if there was any interest. I'm only making a small profit, but want to try to get established first...

Thanks again!
e_clark
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
fair enough, and the necklace is gorgeous, many thanks, my mum will love it!
Fruit-cake
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oooh i just bought a pair too

theyre really pretty and very very cheap for what they are. I reckon you could get away with selling them for more..

it would be nice if there was more choice too
Fruit-cake
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ooh i hope you know youre responsible for this becoming a little addictive - i have just bought THREE pairs of handmade earrings from various people...i had no interest earlier but now....damnit hehe
guitargirl03
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They're lovely, I shall be purchasing a pair of earrings when I get paid
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (114)
72.61%
No (43)
27.39%

Watched Threads