Panic Attacks Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I was wondering what constitutes a panic attack.

On completely random and unrelated occasions I seem to go into a deep spasm of uncontrollable fear, where I feel like nothing can help me, nothing will ever be able to help me and there's a feeling of pretty unspeakable terror. Accompanied is screaming, mosty garbled rubbish...sometimes I call for help. When I 'snap out' of it I get really deep breathing and every time shaking. Sometimes I start crying then snap out of it. Everytime I 'snap out' of it I feel like I'm being slowly sucked back into reality. I usually stick my head out of a window and take a few deep breaths to calm down. Just thought I'd ask as I had the worse one ever a few minutes ago and I'm sick to death of it. Also, I know what causes them but I feel that's irrelevant at this stage. Cheers.
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
Your panic attacks are quite similar to mine, although I don't find myself screaming - quite the opposite - I find it hard to breathe and end up hyperventilating and crying. Also, I only seem to have mine at night. All it takes to calm me down though really is to get up and walk around, maybe have a glass of water.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
After them, do you sometimes feel a little silly, perhaps even a bit embarrased for yourself over what's just happened? I have nothing to make me feel this way, and I often feel like it shouldn't happen and that It's just me thinking too much about things.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My panic attacks usually consist of lots of crying and hyperventilation. It is very scary and i feel totally out of control when it happens. I feel really hot and can't stay still at all. Initially i try to hide it from people but once it gets beyond a certain point it feels impossible and i just run around or keep sitting up when i'm trying to lie down and get calm. They don't usually last very long but they're the scariest thing to experience.
xlucyx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
mine are very similar to yours, i hyperventilate, usually cry, can't sit still,and am overcome with the most terrible feeling of dread, and like nothing's ever going to go right, and uncontrollable fear.
usually happen within 3 or 4 months of big exams :rolleyes:
MNBStyle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was wondering what constitutes a panic attack.

On completely random and unrelated occasions I seem to go into a deep spasm of uncontrollable fear, where I feel like nothing can help me, nothing will ever be able to help me and there's a feeling of pretty unspeakable terror. Accompanied is screaming, mosty garbled rubbish...sometimes I call for help. When I 'snap out' of it I get really deep breathing and every time shaking. Sometimes I start crying then snap out of it. Everytime I 'snap out' of it I feel like I'm being slowly sucked back into reality. I usually stick my head out of a window and take a few deep breaths to calm down. Just thought I'd ask as I had the worse one ever a few minutes ago and I'm sick to death of it. Also, I know what causes them but I feel that's irrelevant at this stage. Cheers.
Yours sound very similar to mine, especially with the uncontrollable fear and feeling trapped like nothing can help you and you feel like your about to explode.
Anonymous #3
Report 12 years ago
panice attacks are a horrible experience when they are at the worst levels. I have had panic attacks for 7 years now.. my counselor has really helped and also i have been taking stresscare tablets and i am much better now. sometimes i am still paralysed with fear and think that i am going to die or go mad. in really bad panic attacks sometimes i hurt myself. during forced military training i had a panic attack and cut one of my fingers off so that they would open the door. u really dont know what u r doing. the total loss of control. i could go on for hours. to the OP- if u want any help just say so on this thread and i will PM u. i am posting anonymously because i dont feel like sharing this with the world openly.
Anonymous #3
Report 12 years ago
i just saw that the OP is anonymous. if you like i will give you an email address.
Anonymous #4
Report 12 years ago
I don't have panic attacks that often, but when I do they sound quite similar to mine. I had one yesterday because of problems (all self inflicted) that I'm creating for myself at Uni. I honestly thought that I was being purely over-emotional and stupidly hysterical, but I hyperventilate. It's times when I worry about work especially. It's a terrible feeling.
LoveMusic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree. Its just a real sense of doom.

I keep waking up with the feeling too, its horrible
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (166)
18.57%
No (543)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (185)
20.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed