The Student Room Group

Whitney Houston is DEAD AGED 48!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Listening to "I wanna dance with somebody" right now :frown:.

RIP :frown:
Reply 21
The Aaron Ramsey curse continues...
Reply 22
Death of a legend
Reply 23
R.I.P

:heart:

-I don't have a clue why I got that neg....
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by srascal8
The Aaron Ramsey curse continues...

Aaron Ramsey went to my school when I was in year 8 he was in year 11.
Houston, we have a problem
Reply 26
Patrick Bateman would be sad.
Reply 27
Original post by translucent
Just found out a second ago watching sky news, YAY! I'm the first to post this :tongue:
here's a link if you don't believe me; http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-dead/

and it's trending on twitter

It's not clear what caused her death, I'm assuming it's drugs - she was pictured a few days ago looking disheveled.
edit: http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/music/whitney-houston-dead-at-48/story-e6freqgx-1226268868137 - to the cynics out there :redface:
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/whitney-houston-dead-at-48-1.3522942

What a stupid thing to say.

Rest In Peace Whitney, she inspired many.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
Oh dear.. R.I.P

Cue the mass broadcasting of Whitney Houston death jokes by losers
Reply 29
Original post by G550NDH
It must of been Ramsey. I swear someone famous dies when he scores

That's Bin Laden, Gaddafi and Houston now, literally a lethal player.

R.I.P nevertheless.
Oh yeah, I just found out by someone's Facebook status, and I'm genuinely really shocked! She was only 48 for goodness sake! So tragic what the cause must have been :frown:. I've had My Love Is Your Love on repeat occasionally, as it's such a wonderful song. She was such a great singer :rip:
Reply 31
She should have stayed true to her roots, singing always was her heroin of joy, her fans stuck on through it, to them she was always pure ecstacy, even though she did start to crack up in the end.
Reply 32
Original post by Miracle Day
Aaron Ramsey went to my school when I was in year 8 he was in year 11.

It's such a nasty omen for him.

Bin Laden, Steve Jobs, Gaddafi & Houston..
R.I.P What a shame that she met Bobby Brown
Reply 34
whatttttt?? omg RIP

i guess you brits don't know who Whitney was atleast show respect to one of the best 80s/90s american singer
This is very sad, but OP you really need a slap you seem really dis-respective
Bobby Brown should hang his head in shame. RIP.
Reply 37
Original post by sucess
whatttttt?? omg RIP

i guess you brits don't know who Whitney was atleast show respect to one of the best 80s/90s american singer

Of course we no who she is, we're from Britain not Outer Mongolia. We're not some backwards nation that's never even heard of MTV
Reply 38
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46355454#.TzcRo7H2bG4

LOS ANGELES Whitney Houston, who ruled as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, has died. She was 48.
Houston's publicist, Kristen Foster, said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unknown.

News of Houston's death came on the eve of music's biggest night the Grammy Awards. It's a showcase where she once reigned, and her death was sure to case a heavy pall on Sunday's ceremony. Houston's longtime mentor Clive Davis was to hold his annual concert and dinner Saturday; it was unclear if it was going to go forward.
At her peak, Houston the golden girl of the music industry. From the middle 1980s to the late 1990s, she was one of the world's best-selling artists. She wowed audiences with effortless, powerful, and peerless vocals that were rooted in the black church but made palatable to the masses with a pop sheen.

Her success carried her beyond music to movies, where she starred in hits like "The Bodyguard" and "Waiting to Exhale."
She had the he perfect voice, and the perfect image: a gorgeous singer who had sex appeal but was never overtly sexual, who maintained perfect poise.
She influenced a generation of younger singers, from Christina Aguilera to Mariah Carey, who when she first came out sounded so much like Houston that many thought it was Houston.

God damn. Another great musician bites the dust. :frown:
Original post by miserlou
Of course we no who she is, we're from Britain not Outer Mongolia. We're not some backwards nation that's never even heard of MTV
...or The Bodyguard.

RIP Whitney Houston.

Quick Reply

Latest