Turn on thread page Beta

Jane Norman... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a nice jane norman top.. a turquoise colour halterneck. Doesn't look particularly slutty, looks quite nice, esp. when worn with jeans.

ReputationRep:
    They do have some good tops there

ReputationRep:
    Im not too keen on Jane Norman, they have a concession next to us in the store where I work so I see a lot of their clothes- the quality is awful and very overpriced. They do have the occassional nice thing in (eg smart tops for going out, coats) but personally I think most of it is tacky.

ReputationRep:
    never actually been in one, but from walking past the one in Belfast I wouldn't say anything looks slutty at all, all the dummies seem really well dressed

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't wear half the stuff in there, but occasionally you can find something really nice, usually dresses.

I found a lovely dress last year reduced to £8, so generally I only go in when there's a sale on!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with several of you too- cheap and tacky looking IMO, but thats just me..

Perhaps the stuff they sell is different in each area... in the Southampton one none of the stuff looks tacky. They have loads of nice dresses and polka dot corsets and things.

ReputationRep:
    They have nice carrier bags! Come in useful for college! heheh. Brought a dress from there a while back but i'm always paranoid about going overdressed to parties so i've only ever worn it once. Its a really nice dress tho, shame i don't have any occasions to wear it!

ReputationRep:
    Depending on what your dress looks like you could wear jeans underneith it to dress it down and some nice pumps or something?

I think its ok if I need to buy something special but I will only go in there once/twice a year to actually get something and yes the bags are loveley! and I love that feeling I've been to jane norman ha hah aha ha ive got money lol and im a student mwhhaaa

ReputationRep:
    I have a top from Jane Norman and it is pretty low-cut, so i guess it is kinda slutty but the clothes are gorgeous.

ReputationRep:
    Mass-produced-and mass bought...you always see people wearing the same clothes! Two of my mates shop pretty much exclusively in there....they don't look slutty but they don't look individual!

I think if someone was to wear the clothes 'right' then they could look fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, Jane Norman strikes me as one of those shops which, at some point, developed a quality image. Somehow. And since then, they've fed off that image and produced some utterly rank clothes, but still maintained that image in the mindset of their target market.
    It's probably the shiny bags that do it.

But to be fair, I was once given a very nice dress from there...It's strapless and I've only worn it the once, over jeans. Diamond in the rough though.

ReputationRep:
    I really like Jane Norman, especially the knitted shrugs they've got in at the moment. Some of the things in there are slutty, but that's the case with every shop. Can't wait till payday when I can afford to shop in there again!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.