The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE maths linear March 2012

Scroll to see replies

Really? My school told me it was lowered. Apparently you need 158/200 to get A*, 124 to get A and 90 something to get B. Seems pretty easy to me- 42 mistaskes to get A* is very generous compared to other exam boards.
Reply 41
Does any1 have the pastpaper and unofficial markscheme for this exam? would be much appreciated as i need to work out roughly what grade i got
I'm absolutely terrified
i sit this in june ... and my school says to get an A* it is ~160/200 .... thats like 80 marks a paper and i believe non calculator is easier tbh ... but ive heard the boundries are getting lowered slighly :s-smilie:
Original post by james mctide
no its not that why are people complianing they did bad,get off and go revise for calculator becuase come on you can go and revis and get how to do vectors properly then stay on here and go wtf its a mad question, i have a point :smile: but OK i guesss i was rude so sorry to him/her,are mark bouderies gona change btw ? whats an a

Apology accepted because GUESS WHAT. ME, (the retard) GOT AN A!!! And maths is my worst subject. YEAH YEAH. AREN'T YOU PROUD OF ME? YOU ARE. YOU ARE. I CAN SENSE IT.
I sincerely hope you did well too.
Original post by The Division Bell
Apology accepted because GUESS WHAT. ME, (the retard) GOT AN A!!! And maths is my worst subject. YEAH YEAH. AREN'T YOU PROUD OF ME? YOU ARE. YOU ARE. I CAN SENSE IT.
I sincerely hope you did well too.

Was so happy at these grade boundaries xD
Reply 46
Ahhh, it was so horrible. I completely panicked and failed massively. i wanted to do maths and further maths next year but won't be able to if I get an A (not that an A is bad it's just my school have high expectations when it comes to maths). The new problem solving aspect and communication stuff completely threw me. Hopefully the grade boundary for A* will be around 80 so I'll just need to perform well in the calculator tomorrow. :s-smilie: No more panic attacks for me.

Good luck everyone :biggrin:
Reply 47
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for this yet?
Reply 48
Original post by doritos123
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for this yet?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2029168
I've only just turned 13 like 20 days before the exam, and I'm not sure if I did well. Does anyone now when we actually receive our results. I think I got at least an A according to these boundries all averaged, but i need and A* REALLY BADLY
this march linear was shocking grade boundaries for foundation and higher, many feared this would come and it did! lets HOPE this will be VERY LOW grade boundaries for the June 2012 Linear which we took :smile: good luck to ALL!
Reply 52
Original post by AshleySmalley
this march linear was shocking grade boundaries for foundation and higher, many feared this would come and it did! lets HOPE this will be VERY LOW grade boundaries for the June 2012 Linear which we took :smile: good luck to ALL!

would 59 be enough for a c?
i would say around 55-65 for a c
trying to look for the foundation answers also but no luck yet, anyone else??
Original post by iJess
I will be happy with a c seeing as I was 2 marks off a c in november

How many marks did you get?
Reply 56
Hi everyone i know this is not really for this thread but i want to ask there are only 2 exams for linear exam right?

This is because before i was doing modules and at the end got a C, this was like a year ago, but the degree i want to go to requires a minimum of a B. So anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending