?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is either:

1. At Uni with a baby/child

2. Been at Uni with a baby/child

3. Planning to go to Uni with a baby/child

4. Knows someone who is at Uni with a baby/child

???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ??????????

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!!

Much love,

Jemma xxx
wednesburywench
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think there are a couple of people on my course (medicine) but then they are married and about 35 yrs old...
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There are a fair few mums and dads on my course too (also medicine). Most are in their mid 20's/early 30's.
xXMessedUpXx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know of someone on a housemates course who is 19 with 2 young kids, and she seems to be managing ok. Some uni have better facilities regarding child care/support than others
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
Some uni have better facilities regarding child care/support than others
That is so true. The one great thing about QMUL, it would seem, is its child care facilities. One of my PBL group member's little boy goes to QM nursery, and he is sooo cute. He's about 2 and a half now, and he thinks he's at University with his mummy. I guess he is, but Bleeeeeeeesssss!
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 12 years ago
I will be going to uni in 2007 with a "step" son, but not a baby of my own.
mrteacher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i know a girl who is at uni and has a son. she is 20. she is managing quite ok but she lives at home with her mom who takes care of the child. i think that it is very brave you and i congratulate you for still going to uni with a child. all the best from me
BBGirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have 2 sons and 3 stepchildren and i'm going to uni this sept.

My youngest is 7.....so he is in full time school so i'll be ok..................feel guilty though! I suppose I've dedicated 8 years of my life to my children, so not being there until 6/7pm is going to be tough on them and myself.

I work atm but only until 2pm which allows me to pick them up 4rm school and all that, so 4rm sept i'm going to have to find a childminder who will pick them up and keep them until I get there. Then it'll be the cooking problem...........which i've sussed out............i'm going to do all the weeks cooking on a Saturday and freeze them.......Instant ready made meals!

Hubby can do the cleaning!!!
db
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
One of my sister's friends had a baby in her last year of school and went straight on to Uni, she seemed to manage really wel, but she had a lot of help from her Mum, who more or less looked after her all the time
teenage-monkey
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
My sister's best friend has just gone back to University to do midwifery. It's best to pick a local University.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (956)
79.87%
Leave (241)
20.13%

Watched Threads