This discussion is closed.
mrmarsupial
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
anyone got any revison tips / good sites I got 6% on a mock we did 1 week ago I really need to get LEARNING never mind revising.

Exam is 1 week today (next monday)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
sorry to say this, but ur screwed.

You shouldnt be learning at all when revising. When you look at something u dont know, u start 2 panic, if u know what i mean.

You can try, but trust me, u either get pure1 or you dont. There is no guessing !
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
are you sitting it for the first time, or is it a retake?
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
first time, I really dont have a clue I can teach myself, I am gonna start tommorw.

So far I got access to a few good sites, a revision guide my class notes and a text book, think it be enough?
maljosh
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
get yourself revision book for pure1, or better try doing past paper questions... once you've done a couple of them, you'll be fine!

what exam board you've got?
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
OCR - MEI
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
on p2 does anyone understand how to proof identities
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
on p2 does anyone understand how to prove identities
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ermm... Im not doing P2 yet, and im with EDEXCEL, but its fairly standard proof really.

Its hard to write on a board post though.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
if you wanna get a good grade in pure 1, you should do about 5 or maybe 6 past papers, and make sure you do one as a mock. you can do it by yourself! trust me, thats what i did for my revision and got an "a".
good luck matie!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
i dont know what u mean?
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
The standard method for proving identities is to consider one side of the identity and transform it to the other side by manipulating it alone. For example, say we had the simple identity (I use '=' instead of the identically equals sign, and b^2 is 'b squared'):

(x + a)^2 = x^2 + 2ax + a^2

Well, we need to decide on one side to work with. Let's try the left hand side, as it's often easier to expand than it is to factorise. LHS mean left-hand-side and RHS means right-hand-side, so:

LHS = (x + a)^2
= x^2 + ax + ax + a^2
= x^2 + 2ax + a^2
= RHS

Hence the identity is proved. We have manipulated one side of the identity until it is in the same form as the other side, hence they are identically equal. Obviously this was a very simple example, but it should help you to get a clearer idea of what's going on.

If you have any specific questions you can't do, feel free to post them here.

Regards,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hEY I ASKED THIS QUESTION 2 DAYS AGO AND DID NOT GET A PROPER REPLy!!!!!!! I THOUGHT THIS WEBSITE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE HELPFUL.....!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (267)
34.27%
No (512)
65.73%

Watched Threads