Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been in a long distant relationship with my girlfriend since August. She's in the states at uni and I'm finishing my last year of college, looking to go uni (in the UK) in september.
    Being in a long distance relationship is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, not because I want to get with other girls or anything like that, because I miss her so much. If your worried about cheating on your girl because your off your head then you gotta sort out your priorities, I can control my drink, but if I knew that I tend to do things I regret when drinking, for the sake of the relationship, I'd control my drink - simple.
    You sound like you have doubts about being in an LDR, but if your girl meant that much to you, you'd know she's worth the wait and distance is merely an obstacle to overcome.

ReputationRep:
    i'm one more person in an LDR .. bin together for almost 2 years, altho we've been apart for around the same amount of time. we were best friends before we got together tho, n we really talked it thru. communication is absolutely essential. u need to be able to talk to ur bf/gf alot. my bf lives in singapore n i live on an island in the indian ocean (dont even ask me how far apart that is, but it's an 7-hr flight).

its been incredibly hard and ppl have actually done things to try and get us to split up - for eg some x friends were telling my bf that i'd been cheating on him, which wasnt tru. luckily he believed me n we're still together. we see each other only twice a year for 2 weeks each time. but it's working out. both planning on heading to europe for our studies next year.

lemme tell u if u're ready for that kind of relationship and the sacrifices that come with it, it's gonna work out. just believe in urself, n in ur gf, n always trust her no matter what.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not exactly in a long distance relationship, but I have 3 groups of really good friends; home town friends, school friends and uni friends. The home town and school friends are both about 200 miles away, and the home town friends have been 150 miles away for the last 8 years, and now moving to uni has moved them further away.

All I do is stay in contact with them with the wonders of text and MSN and go and see them every so often, and we are all still really good friends.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well my girlfriend is about 150 maybe more miles away at uni and we've been doing this now for over a year and never have we been tempted to stray, just makes it extra special when the next time comes to seeing each other, i mean if you truely love her why would you want to stray, but word of advice don't get wasted because then you have no control over your body.

ReputationRep:
    erm well when i am wasted i have control over mine even when i cant walk i still thought of my boyfriend first! never been tempted to stray. When you love someone you just dont even consider it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.