Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Adult Nursing interview at Anglia Ruskin University

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!

I just received an email today offering an interview at Anglia for child nursing! When is your interview?
The essay question will probably be centred around a current issue regarding nursing and health care at the moment. I would advise you read as much as you can about current issues and research the role of a nurse. Also reading the stuff in the news about the NHS at the moment might be really useful as it is a pretty big deal.
Good luck! :smile:
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah there is loads of stuff going on right now and so many articles. I think if you just have an idea of a range of issues you should be fine. Usually they ask for your opinion on an issue or situation.
I had an interview at Brighton and I was so nervous, but it is so relaxed and they are all so friendly that it ended up as quite a good day :smile:
My interview is the 28th Feb!! 2 weeks!!!!
When i was interviewed for clearing (i got the place :wink:) they gave us a talk then, we had a written essay type test and we were asked to write about communication. A simple maths test and then group interview discussing communication.
Hello guys :smile: I had an interview a few days ago, so I'm here to calm your worries. You go in to the building and sign in at reception, before being taken into a hall where you have a welcome talk. You will then have your literacy and numeracy test. The numeracy test is fairly simple :smile: the literacy test was a simple question and it involved you writing for half an hour straight.

You will then be split up into groups and taken away for your discussion. This involves debating and answering a topic given to you.

Lunch!

Then your individual interview. Seriously - relax for this part. They just want to get to know you. They have your personal statement with them and the nurses who I talked to were really nice.

The interview experience as a whole I found to be really wonderful. I got to speak to other adult nursing wannabes and we all had a fun time.

Just relax! ^_^
Original post by Jenny2012
Thank you so much for this! It's really helpful :smile: how long roughly was the interview day? Are you looking to study Adult Nursing to start in September as well?

The day lasts until 3 PM maximum. All interviews are around 10 minutes long so if you're not chosen to go first, you should get through it in no time.

And yes, I've just received a conditional for September Adult nursing ^_^
It sure is. I've already met the academic entry requirements so it's essentially unconditional - the campus and its building are so beautiful. And goodness... it's Cambridge!

Yes, yes do let me know. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Chickens_yeah
Hello guys :smile: I had an interview a few days ago, so I'm here to calm your worries. You go in to the building and sign in at reception, before being taken into a hall where you have a welcome talk. You will then have your literacy and numeracy test. The numeracy test is fairly simple :smile: the literacy test was a simple question and it involved you writing for half an hour straight.

You will then be split up into groups and taken away for your discussion. This involves debating and answering a topic given to you.

Lunch!

Then your individual interview. Seriously - relax for this part. They just want to get to know you. They have your personal statement with them and the nurses who I talked to were really nice.

The interview experience as a whole I found to be really wonderful. I got to speak to other adult nursing wannabes and we all had a fun time.

Just relax! ^_^

Hi there, iv have applied for child nursing at anglia ruskin and i was wondering could you tell me about the interview process because mine is in april the 27th and im very nervous especially because i dont know anyone that is actually going.

Could you explain what kind of maths question there would be
The english assessment test
The group discussion
Individual interview

LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU

KIND REGARDS

P.MCINTOSH
Original post by treicy.m
Hi there, iv have applied for child nursing at anglia ruskin and i was wondering could you tell me about the interview process because mine is in april the 27th and im very nervous especially because i dont know anyone that is actually going.

Could you explain what kind of maths question there would be
The english assessment test
The group discussion
Individual interview

LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU

KIND REGARDS

P.MCINTOSH

Hello there :smile:

I'm afraid for the individual and group interview I can't be much help; on the day, the Child nurses were instantly split up from the Adult nurses and I didn't see any of them the entire day - I wouldn't know what kind of questions you'd be asked as they would be completely different from ours and specific to your branch of nursing.

As I said in my original post, they're fairly laid back, so just relax! Everyone else is going to be in your shoes too.

The numeracy test requires you to know your basic maths, basically so that when you take the course you'd be fine calculating drug percentages for patients. If you have a GCSE/O level in maths you'll do swimmingly - just brush up the day before.

The literacy test is a statement/question and you have to interpret it as you want.

You're timed on both tests.

Don't worry if you don't know anybody - I didn't either and I got to meet some very awesome people, and we had some wonderful discussions on current healthcare issues.

Good luck!
Reply 9
I only got asked one question for adult nursing ARU and that was why did I want to be a nurse :smile: x
Reply 10
Hi there, m new to str, m going for an adult nursing interview at anglia ruskin next week and m so nervous, culd someone tell me the type of Q they ask or maybe tell a webite i can prectice the numerecy and literacy pliz. I dont wana fail this interview, i really need this. someone help
Reply 11
Hi when is your interview? I have an interview coming up at ARU aswell, would be nice to know somebody!
Reply 12
Hi everyone, I have my interview next month but really really dont know what to expect - anyone have any pointers?! Plus im quite confused, about what to do with my uni certificates. Ive copied them all but do we take them on interview day or email then through?
Would be really grateful for the help, and good luck everyone!
:smile:
Original post by Taylor61
Hi everyone, I have my interview next month but really really dont know what to expect - anyone have any pointers?! Plus im quite confused, about what to do with my uni certificates. Ive copied them all but do we take them on interview day or email then through?
Would be really grateful for the help, and good luck everyone!
:smile:

Me again. :wink:

If you look up through the replies I've given, you'll get a fair idea of what to expect on the day. It's relaxed and friendly. :smile:

You should email the certificates through to ARU a maximum of five days prior to your interview - I'd scan and email them now so it's out of the way and done with. You don't need to take them with you, as if you're given an offer, you'll bring the originals along to a pre-course welcome meeting.

Out of interest, are you going to Fulbourn or Chelmsford?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Hi!!!

I had my interview at Anglia Ruskin a while ago for child nursing. I can see they're still interviewing but I haven't heard back from them, is there any chance I could still have an offer or should I cross it off the list?
The UCAS deadline date for Unis getting back to you is 10th May so it's starting to cut it fine tbh :/

Thanks.
Original post by JCo_
Hi!!!

I had my interview at Anglia Ruskin a while ago for child nursing. I can see they're still interviewing but I haven't heard back from them, is there any chance I could still have an offer or should I cross it off the list?
The UCAS deadline date for Unis getting back to you is 10th May so it's starting to cut it fine tbh :/

Thanks.

Hello. :wink:

I'd keep your fingers crossed. There are a limited amount of spaces for nursing courses, and the university has to make sure they don't overbook their classes. If they're keeping you on, it most likely means you've passed the test, and they want you - but there's someone, somewhere sitting with that space on their UCAS track wondering who should be their firm and insurance.

Just sit tight and as more universities get back to students, more will accept/reject ARU and they can get back to you with their decision.

After talking to lots of nursing applicants at interviews, most talked of receiving rejections pretty quickly, and I've experienced the same thing too.

So keep checking. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :biggrin:
Reply 16
Hello there :smile:

I'm afraid for the individual and group interview I can't be much help; on the day, the Child nurses were instantly split up from the Adult nurses and I didn't see any of them the entire day - I wouldn't know what kind of questions you'd be asked as they would be completely different from ours and specific to your branch of nursing.

As I said in my original post, they're fairly laid back, so just relax! Everyone else is going to be in your shoes too.

The numeracy test requires you to know your basic maths, basically so that when you take the course you'd be fine calculating drug percentages for patients. If you have a GCSE/O level in maths you'll do swimmingly - just brush up the day before.

The literacy test is a statement/question and you have to interpret it as you want.

You're timed on both tests.

Don't worry if you don't know anybody - I didn't either and I got to meet some very awesome people, and we had some wonderful discussions on current healthcare issues.

Good luck!

Tank you for this
Reply 17
Hi folks,

I have received a conditional from Anglia Ruskin uni (nursing course) and accepted it.

Has anyone got an offer from this University?
Original post by Lisitza
Hi folks,

I have received a conditional from Anglia Ruskin uni (nursing course) and accepted it.

Has anyone got an offer from this University?

I've accepted mine as firm. :smile:

Which campus/course? Adult Nursing I presume?
Reply 19
I've accepted mine as firm. :smile:

Which campus/course? Adult Nursing I presume?

I have accepted mine as firm as well:smile:

Adult nursing, Fulbourn campus. I am going to commute from Norwich.

What about you? Which campus?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest