Turn on thread page Beta

Who DOESN'T want to be popular? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone?

ReputationRep:
    No. It's not a priority or even a thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    No. It's not a priority or even a thought.
    Word. especially not popularity to the extent of being famous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    is there anyone?
    there probably are people who CLAIM they don't care, but i don't think it's true, i think it's an inherant part of human nature to want to be liked and accepted, and yes, popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    there probably are people who CLAIM they don't care, but i don't think it's true, i think it's an inherant part of human nature to want to be liked and accepted, and yes, popular.
    that's what i thought too

why don't you wanna be popular Juwely?

ReputationRep:
    OOO, I want to be loved and popular... anyone who doesn't must surely be lying... (?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    Word. especially not popularity to the extent of being famous.
    No real point at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    yuh but if you think about it, theres no real point to anything.

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone?
    No i don't want to be the centre of attention..its too much pressure always having to perform to keep the popularity.....sure id love to be popular if it was effortless!

Sxx

ReputationRep:
    that's what i thought too

why don't you wanna be popular Juwely?
    There are other things I'd rather be. I'd rather enjoy myself and be happy than live my life wanting to be liked. I've tried all that and it sucks. Now I like myself and that's all I need.

ReputationRep:
    of being famous? the point is people want to be recognised as being worthwhile and attractive, even if it isn't neccessary fame is just an ego boost. I certainly wouldnt' mind being famous!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I've been popular through pretending to be someone I'm not - I've been unpopular through acting like myself....I prefer to be unpopular and stay sane

ReputationRep:
    especially not popularity to the extent of being famous.
    That would be scary.

ReputationRep:
    the only point in life is to make a difference to people's lives and also that in 100 years from now you'll be remembered othewise what was the significance of your life? well that's my view anyway...

ReputationRep:
    yuh but if you think about it, theres no real point to anything.
    Exactly. Nothing matters in the grand scheme so don't put too much emphasis on every little trauma or triumph. Keep it in perspective people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I've been popular through pretending to be someone I'm not - I've been unpopular through acting like myself....I prefer to be unpopular and stay sane
    but you'd stil LIKE to be popular for who you are right?

ReputationRep:
    but you'd stil LIKE to be popular for who you are right?
    PQ is popular (here at least) by being herself. I find that if you seek popularity you lose yourself, but if you seek to be yourself the level of popularity you deserve comes to you.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Nothing matters in the grand scheme so don't put too much emphasis on every little trauma or triumph. Keep it in perspective people.
    but just because it's not NECCESSARY doesn't mean it's not desirable. Popularity is a luxury, and everyone likes luxuries. I think people who say they don't want to be popular only say that cuz they no they never will be. It doesnt' mean you're not a good person or watever, it just means that some people are naturally more sociable or good looking or funnier than others. People who say they don't want to be popular have actually accepted the fact that they never will be, which is a good thing, but no need to lie and say you wouldn't want it.

I know i'll never marry brad pit doesnt' mean i say i don't want to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    but just because it's not NECCESSARY doesn't mean it's not desirable. Popularity is a luxury, and everyone likes luxuries. I think people who say they don't want to be popular only say that cuz they no they never will be. It doesnt' mean you're not a good person or watever, it just means that some people are naturally more sociable or good looking or funnier than others. People who say they don't want to be popular have actually accepted the fact that they never will be, which is a good thing, but no need to lie and say you wouldn't want it.

I know i'll never marry brad pit doesnt' mean i say i don't want to
    huh; so youre just dismissing my opinion as a lie?

ReputationRep:
    PQ is popular (here at least) by being herself. I find that if you seek popularity you lose yourself, but if you seek to be yourself the level of popularity you deserve comes to you.
    I know she's VERY popular on here - my point is exactly what grace has just said - she's just much better at explianing herself than me

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.