The Student Room Group

Driving test tomorrow morning..

--
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Be confident, drive safely and treat it as you would when driving with your instructor.
You may be asked to do an emergency stop, but not always. My cousin had it on her test but I didn't on my last 2 that I had. Just remember to keep both hands on wheel when stopping promptly during an emergency stop.
Good luck!
Original post by SimpleGirl
I was just wondering whether the 'emergency break' is compulsory?

did you have to do it for your test?

- Strangely, I don't feel that nervous, or at all to be honest, I have no idea why :s-smilie:

I think asking for tips is a bit pointless considering everyone in this forum is pretty much asking for the same thing but....

is there anyone who's done it recently who has last minute 'words of widsom'? :rolleyes:

Its not compulsory, but unless your pregnant be prepared that they might ask you to do it (if you are pregnant make sure you tell them before your test begins)

Sleep, and more sleep. And don't think about it- easier said then done maybe.

And don't be disappointed if you do not pass, theres no point. Just re book in for a few weeks (you have to wait X number of weeks- my head is telling me 3, although im not sure!)

If you get nervous in the morning- do some breathing exercises, or I recommend getting some Kalms tablets (there herbal so you can get them in supermarkets.)

Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by Jin3011
Be confident, drive safely and treat it as you would when driving with your instructor.
You may be asked to do an emergency stop, but not always. My cousin had it on her test but I didn't on my last 2 that I had. Just remember to keep both hands on wheel when stopping promptly during an emergency stop.
Good luck!

okay, thank you :smile:

oh and, my instructor said it's a 40 minute test - what will happen if there's a lot of traffic or something? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by ilovehobnobs
Its not compulsory, but unless your pregnant be prepared that they might ask you to do it (if you are pregnant make sure you tell them before your test begins)

Sleep, and more sleep. And don't think about it- easier said then done maybe.

And don't be disappointed if you do not pass, theres no point. Just re book in for a few weeks (you have to wait X number of weeks- my head is telling me 3, although im not sure!)

If you get nervous in the morning- do some breathing exercises, or I recommend getting some Kalms tablets (there herbal so you can get them in supermarkets.)

Good luck.

I'm not pregnant so it's okay :yy:

thanks for the advice - I'll make sure to get enough sleep :smile:

oh and, my instructor said it's a 40 minute test - what will happen if there's a lot of traffic or something? :s-smilie:

They will just keep going- but it might mean basically your sat in traffic for your driving test.

Ie- if your in a traffic jam when your test is up, they will make you drive back to the test centre

But say you get out of traffic 38 minutes into your test, they will just take you back to the TC.

You lucky, lucky, being if that happens to you lol!
Reply 6
an hour to go......
Reply 7
an hour to go......

How did it go!?
Why the neg :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
an hour to go......

Hope you passed.

Edit: Why the neg? WOW
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by *Hakz*
Hope you passed.

Edit: Why the neg? WOW

She's negging everyone who wished her luck:s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by Jin3011
She's negging everyone who wished her luck:s-smilie:

Long story short; she failed then.
Reply 11
Original post by *Hakz*
Long story short; she failed then.

Maybe so:s-smilie:
Reply 12
Original post by Jin3011
Maybe so:s-smilie:

You a driver yet or still in the process of being one?
Reply 13
Original post by *Hakz*
You a driver yet or still in the process of being one?

In the process. Failed my last 2 tests but I don't intend to give up though:tongue:
How about yourself; a qualified driver yet?
Reply 14

i had my test on wednesday i got 4minor faults. but the d1ck head examiner failed me on purpose. i was going through traffic lights at 5mph in a queue of traffic and they went yellow as i was in the cycle box i had no choice but to stop. if i went i would of got major fault and i stayed and still got major fault. He well and truly screwd me just be carefull when approaching traffic lights as my friend had his test on the same day and failed for going through yellow and he was doing 35mph. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
good luck though
Reply 15
Original post by Jin3011
In the process. Failed my last 2 tests but I don't intend to give up though:tongue:
How about yourself; a qualified driver yet?

Arghhh really sorry to hear that mate.

I've only had about 8 hours lesson so still got a couple more before booking my test.

I'm guessing you're still taking some lessons just to brush up before facing your next test?
Reply 16
Original post by bad8oy
i had my test on wednesday i got 4minor faults. but the d1ck head examiner failed me on purpose. i was going through traffic lights at 5mph in a queue of traffic and they went yellow as i was in the cycle box i had no choice but to stop. if i went i would of got major fault and i stayed and still got major fault. He well and truly screwd me just be carefull when approaching traffic lights as my friend had his test on the same day and failed for going through yellow and he was doing 35mph. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
good luck though

Unlucky bro, its nothing because I'm sure you'll pass next time.

Have you booked another one or you're still awaiting soon cancellations?
Reply 17
Original post by *Hakz*
Unlucky bro, its nothing because I'm sure you'll pass next time.

Have you booked another one or you're still awaiting soon cancellations?

booked one bro but it takes the piss the guy had me off. for the cheek they pass crap drivers all the time. just a waste of £50 :frown:
hbu u taken yours yet??
Reply 18
Original post by *Hakz*
Arghhh really sorry to hear that mate.

I've only had about 8 hours lesson so still got a couple more before booking my test.

I'm guessing you're still taking some lessons just to brush up before facing your next test?

Yeah taking lessons weekly to build on my confidence. The problem is that I'm naturally a very careful and hesitant person, and though my general driving is fine, I tend to underestimate my abilities a fair amount when on the road. But I'll get there in the end, somehow:biggrin:
Good luck with your driving bud:tongue:
Reply 19
Original post by Jin3011
Yeah taking lessons weekly to build on my confidence. The problem is that I'm naturally a very careful and hesitant person, and though my general driving is fine, I tend to underestimate my abilities a fair amount when on the road. But I'll get there in the end, somehow:biggrin:
Good luck with your driving bud:tongue:

Thanks :smile: I know quite a lot of people like that you. Very careful drivers and somehow don't manage to pass their tests then you get crap drivers passing. However, one thing for sure is that this will make you a more experienced and better driver in the end.

Good luck. Hope to hear the wonderful news soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending