This discussion is closed.
stuartw101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I just got sacked on Wednesday because i was employed to go to other shops if they need more staff but i wanted to work at one shop, i refused from time to time when i was told to g o to another shop. My manager was really nice, i was gonna quit a few weeks ago but decided to stay until i find another job, a person from head office came to the shop i spoke with me and the manager and said she was terminating my contract because my job is to go to other shops when needed to and that i refuse to go sometimes, she asked me to leave straight away.

I am now looking for a job which is quiet hard, i have given in an application form to a shop where my frined works so ill have to see what happens, i had worked at the shop for 4 months.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Was your old job... Stationery Box?

I worked for them when I was 14. Buggers.

BOOTS are wonderful employers
stuartw101
Rep:
?
No i worked for Forfars Bakery which was hard work i can tell you.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by stuartw101)
No i worked for Forfars Bakery which was hard work i can tell you.
Technically by telling you to leave immediately they are in breach of contract however you are also in breach of contract. Did you get your months wages they held back given to you?
stuartw101
Rep:
?
I got paid weekly, they said they would pay me for the days i have done and the day they sent me home on which i only worked only 2 hours out of 7.

They did say that they would give me a good reference because she said the manager said my work was good and there wasnt anything wrong with it. So i got sacked because i wanted to stay at one shop which they couldnt do for me and i had refused to move to other shops previously.
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Technically by telling you to leave immediately they are in breach of contract however you are also in breach of contract. Did you get your months wages they held back given to you?
How do you know? Have you read the contract?
stuartw101
Rep:
?
he is right though
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by stuartw101)
I just got sacked on Wednesday because i was employed to go to other shops if they need more staff but i wanted to work at one shop, i refused from time to time when i was told to g o to another shop. My manager was really nice, i was gonna quit a few weeks ago but decided to stay until i find another job, a person from head office came to the shop i spoke with me and the manager and said she was terminating my contract because my job is to go to other shops when needed to and that i refuse to go sometimes, she asked me to leave straight away.

I am now looking for a job which is quiet hard, i have given in an application form to a shop where my frined works so ill have to see what happens, i had worked at the shop for 4 months.
Oh thats a shame, i got fired when i was younger, the manager basicially robbed my pay, and i spoke to him in a loud tone, 'cause i was angry. Then the same day, he called me to his office, and said how many days have u been late.....i said, a few times.......and he said thats not good enough, and fired me on the spot. A guy who worked there was late every day, but didn't get sacked grrrrrrr. I did get my correct pay back tho, what i would say, is that its child exploitation!!!!!!.......i won't name the company tho

I wish u luck in finding a job, i haven't found one ever since......
stuartw101
Rep:
?
oh, who said i should work for boots? why?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (35)
18.13%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (54)
27.98%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (104)
53.89%

Watched Threads