Turn on thread page Beta

My Job watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just got sacked on Wednesday because i was employed to go to other shops if they need more staff but i wanted to work at one shop, i refused from time to time when i was told to g o to another shop. My manager was really nice, i was gonna quit a few weeks ago but decided to stay until i find another job, a person from head office came to the shop i spoke with me and the manager and said she was terminating my contract because my job is to go to other shops when needed to and that i refuse to go sometimes, she asked me to leave straight away.

I am now looking for a job which is quiet hard, i have given in an application form to a shop where my frined works so ill have to see what happens, i had worked at the shop for 4 months.

ReputationRep:
    Was your old job... Stationery Box?

I worked for them when I was 14. Buggers.

BOOTS are wonderful employers

ReputationRep:
    No i worked for Forfars Bakery which was hard work i can tell you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuartw101)
    No i worked for Forfars Bakery which was hard work i can tell you.
    Technically by telling you to leave immediately they are in breach of contract however you are also in breach of contract. Did you get your months wages they held back given to you?

ReputationRep:
    I got paid weekly, they said they would pay me for the days i have done and the day they sent me home on which i only worked only 2 hours out of 7.

They did say that they would give me a good reference because she said the manager said my work was good and there wasnt anything wrong with it. So i got sacked because i wanted to stay at one shop which they couldnt do for me and i had refused to move to other shops previously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Technically by telling you to leave immediately they are in breach of contract however you are also in breach of contract. Did you get your months wages they held back given to you?
    How do you know? Have you read the contract?

ReputationRep:
    he is right though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuartw101)
    I just got sacked on Wednesday because i was employed to go to other shops if they need more staff but i wanted to work at one shop, i refused from time to time when i was told to g o to another shop. My manager was really nice, i was gonna quit a few weeks ago but decided to stay until i find another job, a person from head office came to the shop i spoke with me and the manager and said she was terminating my contract because my job is to go to other shops when needed to and that i refuse to go sometimes, she asked me to leave straight away.

I am now looking for a job which is quiet hard, i have given in an application form to a shop where my frined works so ill have to see what happens, i had worked at the shop for 4 months.
    Oh thats a shame, i got fired when i was younger, the manager basicially robbed my pay, and i spoke to him in a loud tone, 'cause i was angry. Then the same day, he called me to his office, and said how many days have u been late.....i said, a few times.......and he said thats not good enough, and fired me on the spot. A guy who worked there was late every day, but didn't get sacked grrrrrrr. I did get my correct pay back tho, what i would say, is that its child exploitation!!!!!!.......i won't name the company tho

I wish u luck in finding a job, i haven't found one ever since......

ReputationRep:
    oh, who said i should work for boots? why?

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.