Israel Suspends Tax Money Flow to Palestinians Watch

aaronc2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
aiman, you are out of character im 'fraid, dont deny it, just say your sorries and we can move on
aiman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
And to pick a part out of those articles:

"The EU will continue to give aid to the Palestinians until the new Hamas-led government is formed, but will make further aid conditional on a commitment by the new government to recognise Israel and renounce violence, a senior EU diplomat said."

That is not the position you have been taken at all, you have advanced the idea that there should be funding no matter what, not simply till a new Cabinet/government is formed.
The position that I have portrayed is that the PA govt. must be economically stabilized. Once it is stable, further funding is not required.
Germany, along with the EU have donated $143 million to the PA govt. today. Funding after Hamas has taken control is uncertain. The EU has called for discussions between Hamas and the Israeli govt. before any final decision is made. We hope that the $143 million suffice for the PA govt. stabilization for the short-term.
[ http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull ]

(Original post by the Greek Representative)
aiman, you are out of character im 'fraid, dont deny it, just say your sorries and we can move on
I thank you for your offer, yet I must inform you that I am not convinced that I have acted inappropriately.
brimstone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by aaronc2)
The Republic of Sierra Leone asks Greece to refer to other representatives using their country's name, and not their username.
aaronc2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It was not appropriate in the circumstances to do so
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by aaronc2)
It was not appropriate in the circumstances to do so
The Republic of Sierra Leone feels that if nations wish to bring personal arguments into the MUN, they should do it in the Ideas Thread, or via PM.
Longshoredrift80
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think what he means is that when you are accusing someone of being out of character, you can't very well accuse them as their country, can you? You can't say 'oi, germany, you're not acting like germany!' that sounds silly. So you have to use their username.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (182)
18.88%
No (581)
60.27%
Not really bothered about them (201)
20.85%

Watched Threads