Demoralising coursework Watch

~the_one~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Ok sorry to post another coursework thread but im deperate.

Today my teacher gave back all our courseworks and basically said none of them were higher than a C, and they were all GCSE standerd

I keep trying to find ways to improve my coursework, but i honestly cant find anything else i can write about! I obviously want to try and get an A for it, to put less stress on my for the exams but i'm lost, and i know its an independant study, so none of my teachers can help.
Can any of you give me and idea what has to be in my coursework for it to be a grade A? I do have the specific grades boundary thing, but thats so vague. Grrrr and really peed off :mad:

Cheers

ETA: its the effect of pH on the activity of pectinase, if that helps.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Without knowing the particulars it's a bit difficult to give advice but have you made sure you've covered all the points needed for the *lower* grade boundaries as well as the higher ones? Remember that it's sequential and you can't get a high grade if you've missed out any of the low grade stuff...
stratomaster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If its about ph on enzyme activity just look in your revision guide/internet about lock and key hypothesis, effect of ph on activity, look for the optimum ph of pectinase and exaplain what happens if the ph is too acidic eg denaturation.

If you need to find the optimum pH you have to do the experiment and see when the pectinase produces alot of product at the fastest rate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectinase
~*Sar*~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
best thing to do with coursework (if its AQA) is go onto their website.. go to qualifications.. AS/A.. biology (whatever your spec is) then guidance for teachers.
It tells you exactly what candidates should have in each section in order to get top marks, its not the mark scheme, its advice, so combine that AND the mark scheme and you're laughing really.
I got full marks in my AS cw and that's what i used.
~the_one~
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
stratomaster - have mentioned everything you said (even used wiki!) and personally feel that i've gone into quite a bit of detail.

MadNatSci - i have definatly covered the lower mark boundry stuff, i guess your right, no one on here will be much help, if i myself cant work out whats missing!!

s-a-r-a-h - I'm on Edexcel, but i'll have a look for something similar on there website.
Oh and i know it was a long time ago for you, but how long was your coursework (i know i know quality not quantity, but just as a rough indicator), mines 7 and a bit pages (including graphs/table) but someone i know has done 19 pages just for the plan (not in my school) WTF!
~*Sar*~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
my investigation or the whole courswork in total? (i.e. drawing essay investigation etc) I don't know what you have to do for edexcel!
Bad luck being with edexcel, that's my exam board for geog, their website isn't great for stuff like i mentioned before.
Anyway, to answer your question
my investigation was 16 pages (but that's including 4 pages of results and three graphs so i woudnt worry)
I only did 7pages of actual wiritng or there abouts.

Good luck and everything, I'm currently trying to battle through my A2 coursework, it's nasty!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1069)
79.01%
Leave (284)
20.99%

Watched Threads