The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

social work at queens university belfast 2012

hi all, has anyone had their interview for qub social work yet? i have mine for the BA on the 22nd. really nervous and any advice would be gratefully received!thanks !

Scroll to see replies

Hey congrats on your interview! I hope it goes well, afraid I can't offer any advice because I only got a letter last week saying I needed to write a 2nd personal statement. I'm assuming they get to all applicants in stages.

Dress smartly and try not to come accross too nervous. Have confidence in yourself, all the best :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by sheawill
hi all, has anyone had their interview for qub social work yet? i have mine for the BA on the 22nd. really nervous and any advice would be gratefully received!thanks !

Good luck for your interview! I've just returned my 2nd personal statement so nervously waiting for my interview letter! I haven't interviewed since I was 18 (7 years ago!!) so im fairly in the dark too! I agree with the dressing smart comment above-first impressions are important! Best of luck and let us know how you get on! Xx
Reply 3
Hi

Does anyone know what questions are being asked in the qub interviews? And are they the same questions being asked by UU?

Thanks!
Reply 4
ahhh i got my interview in the post today! eeeep xo

(for queens nursing!!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by nicoleio
ahhh i got my interview in the post today! eeeep xo

thats brilliant news!! :smile: I'm still waiting! How long ago did you send your statement back? When is it? xx
Reply 6

how did you get on yesterday? :smile: xx
Reply 7
Original post by catty_
thats brilliant news!! :smile: I'm still waiting! How long ago did you send your statement back? When is it? xx

oops that was my nursing interview letter i got today!! (meant to say)

ive had my qub social work interview already!

they ask you 6 questions. one being a scenario question! they ask u basic stuff like why u want to be a social worker. qualities youd expect off a social worker! dif service users and stuff!

we dont hear back until april if we have an offer :frown: and if you dont do well in the interview rejections are normally a couple weeks after interview!!

alsoo after i sent back my 2nd personal statement it was 5-7 days after i sent it i got interview date! same as my friend!

xx
Reply 8
oops that was my nursing interview letter i got today!! (meant to say)

ive had my qub social work interview already!

they ask you 6 questions. one being a scenario question! they ask u basic stuff like why u want to be a social worker. qualities youd expect off a social worker! dif service users and stuff!

we dont hear back until april if we have an offer :frown: and if you dont do well in the interview rejections are normally a couple weeks after interview!!

alsoo after i sent back my 2nd personal statement it was 5-7 days after i sent it i got interview date! same as my friend!

xx

how do you know that its april? did they tell you that? im going mad waiting, two of my class has already had rejections and one was the day after their interview!!
Reply 9
how do you know that its april? did they tell you that? im going mad waiting, two of my class has already had rejections and one was the day after their interview!!

heloo, yehh well me and my friend both had an interview and i forgot to ask so she did, an also another girl who was interviewed after me had asked! they said u hear rejections pretty soon after and any time around april to expect offers!! i checked last years threads as well on social work cos i thot this was a preeety lonnnggg ass time! and it seems to be the same :frown: :frown: altho if u havn been unsuccessful a couple weeks after your interview its meant to be a good sign :/ no news is good news ehh??

hate this waiting :frown:

goood luck :smile::smile::smile: xox
heloo, yehh well me and my friend both had an interview and i forgot to ask so she did, an also another girl who was interviewed after me had asked! they said u hear rejections pretty soon after and any time around april to expect offers!! i checked last years threads as well on social work cos i thot this was a preeety lonnnggg ass time! and it seems to be the same :frown: :frown: altho if u havn been unsuccessful a couple weeks after your interview its meant to be a good sign :/ no news is good news ehh??

hate this waiting :frown:

goood luck :smile::smile::smile: xox

Hi there, I have been searching on here for a SW thread and was delighted to find this I have also applied for SW in Magee and QUB had my interview last wk this waiting is just horrible. I didn't ask when we would find out but as far as I know it can be end of April beginning of May. Did you apply to Magee and do you have a back up plan if unsucessful with SW?
Reply 11
Original post by Malteasers2012
Hi there, I have been searching on here for a SW thread and was delighted to find this I have also applied for SW in Magee and QUB had my interview last wk this waiting is just horrible. I didn't ask when we would find out but as far as I know it can be end of April beginning of May. Did you apply to Magee and do you have a back up plan if unsucessful with SW?

noo i have only applied to qub!! i have applied for nursing in qub and nursing in magee as well!! they are my preference! although if i got an offer for both nursing in magee and social work for qub, id be pretty torn! heart is mostly set on nursing at qub!! although with these courses that are bursary based the competition to get on them seems soo crazy!!! both nursing and social work are what im most passionate about studying :frown::frown: will have to just hopee that everything works out for the best and see what happens in the next few months!! how did you find your social work interview??? it goes soo fast! what was your scenario question?? i felt my interview went just ok, :/ xo
noo i have only applied to qub!! i have applied for nursing in qub and nursing in magee as well!! they are my preference! although if i got an offer for both nursing in magee and social work for qub, id be pretty torn! heart is mostly set on nursing at qub!! although with these courses that are bursary based the competition to get on them seems soo crazy!!! both nursing and social work are what im most passionate about studying :frown::frown: will have to just hopee that everything works out for the best and see what happens in the next few months!! how did you find your social work interview??? it goes soo fast! what was your scenario question?? i felt my interview went just ok, :/ xo

Hi, I felt it went ok but its hard to tell as they don't give you anything to go on no e amil yet but its still early days I suppose it will depend on amount of applications. My preference is Magee though so fingers crossed for that. I hope you get your nursing in queens as its your first choice I have only applied for SW.
Reply 13
has anyone had any rejections yet??
Reply 14
Hey there! Ive got my interview on friday & I am so nervous about it!! Does anyone know how long it is? :eek:
Reply 15
Original post by edstark
Hey there! Ive got my interview on friday & I am so nervous about it!! Does anyone know how long it is? :eek:

10-15mins! 6 questions!
Reply 16
Sent off Personal statement on Monday, no rejections or interview date as of yet. Doea anyone know of any person who was declined after the Personal Statement? My preference is Magee and have only applied for SW
Original post by Neards
Sent off Personal statement on Monday, no rejections or interview date as of yet. Doea anyone know of any person who was declined after the Personal Statement? My preference is Magee and have only applied for SW

Hi yeah I've heard of a few, it normally is 2 wks before you'll hear about interview well thats what they told me when I left mines in.
Reply 18
Apparently there were over 2000 applications for SW! That unbelievable! Have you had your invitation to interview?
Reply 19
Hi all,
received my letter for interview yest, its for this wed 7th. Absolutely petrified!! Got to interview stage last year but didn't get in. Can anyone tell me what the scenario they ask about is? Thats the bit I really stumbled on last year.

Quick Reply

Latest