Headphones: why!? Watch

worried_mess
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Just got a new set of in ear headphones for the pod, but why is it one ear always has a HUGE length of cable attached to it and the other short? It looks stupid
heminder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i prefer those...
short end in the left ear, and the long in your right ear from behind your neck...

i believe Sony invented that...
Niaya
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
deal with it or get new head phones its simple
screenager
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It is just to keep the cables out of the way so they don't get caught on things, I quite like it but most of the time I put them in like normal earphones and look like an idiot with a long wire dangling from my ear.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's a neck-band, i can't go back to the standard earphone cables - it makes so much more sense.
Fluent in Lies
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
cut and resolder.
johnsonimrodgd
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A lot of people don't have a clue hoe to wear these properly. You're suppose to put the right earphone behind your neck so that when you take them out briefly, you can just have them dangling around in front of you rather than having to put them in your pocket.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by johnsonimrodgd)
A lot of people don't have a clue hoe to wear these properly. You're suppose to put the right earphone behind your neck so that when you take them out briefly, you can just have them dangling around in front of you rather than having to put them in your pocket.
It's actually an intelligence test - so you know when to cross over and wawlk down the other side of the street.
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
"What happens when you lose everything? You just start again."
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OH they are kool!!!
Moloko
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by johnsonimrodgd)
I have to admit, I've had those Sony headphones for two years now and I never knew that was the reason they made one wire shorter than the other I tried them on the 'correct' way and it makes a lot more sense.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Moloko)
I have to admit, I've had those Sony headphones for two years now and I never knew that was the reason they made one wire shorter than the other I tried them on the 'correct' way and it makes a lot more sense.
Excuse me for a moment.

PWAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

sorry
Moloko
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Humph. That's not very nice :eek:

...how was I supposed to know? :blushing:
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes sorry. Well you just sort of think "hmmm why might this be like that..."
e11even
Report 12 years ago
I'm guilty of that myself. :blushing:
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol. You silly billys
e11even
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluent in Lies)
Yes sorry. Well you just sort of think "hmmm why might this be like that..."
I have, I just thought that it was made like that so that if someone wants to listen as well, you can pass them the longer one. :p: The length difference really annoyed me though Hehe
Moloko
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by e11even)
I have, I just thought that it was made like that so that if someone wants to listen as well, you can pass them the longer one. :p:
I thought that too! I cannot tell you how much my life has changed dramatically since finding out how to put them on properly 5 minutes ago
e11even
Report 12 years ago
I thought that too! I cannot tell you how much my life has changed dramatically since finding out how to put them on properly 5 minutes ago
Well, I wouldn't say my life has changed dramatically :p: Although, I am less (just a little) annoyed by the length difference now.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
*giggles*

"I just thought that it was made like that so that if someone wants to listen as well, you can pass them the longer one."

Sorry, sorry, but that was too cute :p:. Ok ok I am off to bed now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (123)
56.94%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.43%

Watched Threads