Turn on thread page Beta

Buying plain t-shirts watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to buy about 10 plain but different coloured t shirts to print my own designs on, not too fussed about quality.

Anyone know anywhere cheap where I could make such a purchase.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Primark? Asda? Tesco?

ReputationRep:
    Topshop have loads of different colours for about £6 and they tend to fit nicely without losing shape in the wash etc. xx

ReputationRep:
    Oops, you're male..maybe topman do similar versions :p: xx

ReputationRep:
    I just looked and they do loads of colours..eg, light blue, black, white, pink, yellow, green, beige, etc, and they're only 6 quid too. xx

ReputationRep:
    Topman do 2 for £10, plus you can get a 10% student discount. H&M do plain T-Shirts from £2.99. Check them out - they've got loads of colours, so you should find some to complement your designs. Happy printing!

ReputationRep:
    Primark are the best for plain t-shirts if you don't mind that they won't last as long as the more expensive and better quality ones from places like topshop/man.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys, I'll have a look in tesco as I'm going there tomorrow, I'd forgotten how great h&m is for t-shirts, I might make a little trip there too, When I've had a few practices I might upgrade to topman, but I'm guessing I'm going to muck quite a few up first few times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    thanks guys, I'll have a look in tesco as I'm going there tomorrow, I'd forgotten how great h&m is for t-shirts, I might make a little trip there too, When I've had a few practices I might upgrade to topman, but I'm guessing I'm going to muck quite a few up first few times.
    Are you just doing iron-on transfer prints or are you going to screen-print them?

ReputationRep:
    H&M. £3 for plain Tees and a plethora of colours

ReputationRep:
    Definitely H&M.

ReputationRep:
    Primark- the quality of mens tops are better than you think, aslong as you get cotton. My boyfriend bought some this time last year and they are still in perfect condition, they wash fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    Are you just doing iron-on transfer prints or are you going to screen-print them?
    bit wierd that one, as you have to print the design and then iron them on......

what kind of prints are you talking about?

plain t shirts, i would have though primark as my first guess but ive never shopped there so i wouldnt know.

tesco would be a good bet too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkat)
    Primark are the best for plain t-shirts if you don't mind that they won't last as long as the more expensive and better quality ones from places like topshop/man.
    I disagree! I have a plain white T from Primark which I've had a while, and another from Burton I've had a lot less time. The Burton one cost about three times as much and has already washed very thin and is rather warped. The Primark one's still going strong!
    Luck of the draw with cheap tshirts I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Primark all the way!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    I was going todo this
    http://community.livejournal.com/craftgrrl/3674467.html

or stencil them.

What type of results do you get with those iron on ones? anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    I was going todo this
    http://community.livejournal.com/craftgrrl/3674467.html

or stencil them.

What type of results do you get with those iron on ones? anyone know?
    Yeah, I've done a fair bit of screen printing in my time, but I did it a little differently, but they came out excellent after I did a couple of practices on old teatowels - it looks good! I'd much rather have a design screen-printed than an iron-on transfer - I think they're a little lame. Good luck with the printing!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.