The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

What is law like at Hallam?

I was sure I wanted to do law at Northumbria but since looking at Hallam I'm not so sure. The entry requirements are slightly lower and its more likely that I'll achieve them. Wondered what the course is like, is it respected by employers? Plus accommodation seems cheaper here, and there's so much more choice!
Reply 1
I'm in my second year of doing law and psychology at Hallam. I personally love it! Next year's modules look to a bit heavy so I'm not particularly looking forward to it, but that's law for you and the difficult modules are core ones so there's no escaping it!
I would personally recommend attending both of the opening days and getting a feel of which best would be best for you! :smile:
I'm told by many people it really does not matter where you studied at University... it's the grade you come out with at the end that employers really care about!!
Good luck choosing!
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
I don't know why people bother doing law as a degree, you can easily become a lawyer without the need of a degree.
Reply 3
Original post by translucent
I don't know why people bother doing law as a degree, you can easily become a lawyer without the need of a degree.

There are several routes to enter the legal profession but I've chosen the one that includes a degree. Just because I don't NEED to go to university it doesn't mean I can't.
Original post by breakeven
There are several routes to enter the legal profession but I've chosen the one that includes a degree. Just because I don't NEED to go to university it doesn't mean I can't.

Okay :wink:
Reply 5
Hi Breakeven,

I am currently in first year, studying Law with Criminology. I HATE the criminology side of things so I will be doing straight law from next year on. I must admit it is really really good. One of the core module is 1st year is public law, which is so dull and boring it is unbelievable. Contract Law and ELS are the best modules in first year. And in 2nd semester, you start to learn about Human Rights, which is actually really interesting. 99% of the lecturers are really good and all my seminar tutors are amazing tbh. I would highly recommend it :smile:

Dave

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending