The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Good points/Bad points re. RHUL

Being influenced by the recent Orbital feature...Good points:

. Campus on a lovely sunny day- gorgeous
. the animals in Founder's wood- lovely Robins!
. Founder's library. None of my books are in there but I always go to work 'cos I love the aura. It's spooky at night when it's empty and you can hear the wood creaking!
. the college shop- couldn't do without it.
. My friends in Reid
. Seeing the jumbo jets from my window (I'm on the flightpath!)
. The bell from Founder's.
. Recognising almost everyone on campus

Bad points:

. Being so cold on Egham hill.
. Walking up the hill with a heavy bag.
. Walking up the hill when you are coming back from the gym
. Egham station being a freezing cold wind tunnel!
. 9am lectures (on Monday morning :dong:)

Scroll to see replies

Is the Founders library open all night?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
its like something off tv !! :biggrin:

ok that comment offically makes me dorky :-s
fonzievision
Is the Founders library open all night?

no, till 11. I know that some people are campaigning to have it 24 hours during the exam period though.
MCR-Sugar

9am lectures

Having three 9am lectures every week! It's agonising, especially as I'm not a morning person and can't say No to nights out with friends. First year was great - I can't believe I thought having two 10am lectures was outrageous!
:frown:
Reply 5
waiting2smile
Having three 9am lectures every week! It's agonising, especially as I'm not a morning person and can't say No to nights out with friends. First year was great - I can't believe I thought having two 10am lectures was outrageous!
:frown:

9am lectures..what's so bad about that?! i have to wake up tres early for work! tsk u students! ;-)
Reply 6
i get up around 6/6.30 at the mo anyway, so it can't be that bad :p:
Yeah, on Monday I come back to RHUL from being at home, and I have 1 9am lecture that morning, so I have to get up at 5:45am to get the 7:20 train....eurgh, horrible. It's freezing cold too!!
MCR-Sugar

why is that bad?
Deathscythe HG
why is that bad?

erm, because you are always being made to bump into your ex, that's why!
Reply 10
Good
- Not having any lectures before 12 on any day and having fridays off.

bad
- The SU is quite poor, and its a pain to go clubbin in london or in general.
Reply 11
does everyone get fridays off or is that just you?.. i remember hearing once that theres a day where everyone gets off. maybe its wednesday afternoon or something?! xxx
Reply 12
Probably wednesday afternoon for sports type things like private schools
Reply 13
I go to a private school and we do sports on a Wednesday afternoon - do all private schools do this?
Reply 14
I think so, almost all the ones round here do, my dad is in charge of games at the private school we live at (although I go to a different sixth form college) and he arranges fixtures on wednesday afternoons as well as saturdays, so other schools must be free to play then. Do you have to work on saturday mornings too?
Reply 15
Me? Saturdays - no no!
Reply 16
Not everyone gets Fridays off. Many don't get a day off. Its an exclusive reward for me, for being me.
Reply 17
<double posting> :s-smilie:
Reply 18
yeh i used to have wednesday afternoons as PE..it was thurs but they swapped it for some reason..weird private skls...
hey, please help me! :smile:

i'm a student from austria, studying english language and literature, and i'm going to spend a year in GB as an exchange student (erasmus), but can't make up my mind where to go.

royal holloway uni looks WOOOOOOOW, i love the peaceful atmosphere, i'm not the city-lover kind of person :p: ...but i'm not sure whether i should really apply for rh because it seems a bit quiet to me, too quiet maybe... which i think could make me feel homesick :frown:, if there are no people around me. is that the case? how many international students are there @ royal holloway? are most students who study at rh from london city and return home every weekend, leaving me alone? lol

any opinions are greatly appreciated, and please asap - need to tell the profs at my department this tuesday!! where i'd like to go... thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending