Got rejected from Kings, should I ring them... Watch

sdsvp
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I got rejected for Law the other day, was thinking of ringing them and asking why etc. Btw got aaaa for a/s, probally got rejected because of my mediocre lnat score, but still want to know for sure.
Do you think its worth doing?
Has anyone ever tried to 'blag' them selves into the uni? I doubt it will work because it's Kings. But if I do try to 'blag' what shall I say?

Thanks
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
Surely you have other unis in case you didn't get into this one... I think you should probably just drop it...
sdsvp
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Surely you have other unis in case you didn't get into this one... I think you should probably just drop it...
yeah I got other uni's, but really wana go to Kings.
cinnaminvic
Report 12 years ago
wat did you get in you lnat?
sdsvp
^ Don't wana state it! it was mediocre
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sdsvp)
I got rejected for Law the other day, was thinking of ringing them and asking why etc. Btw got aaaa for a/s, probally got rejected because of my mediocre lnat score, but still want to know for sure.
Do you think its worth doing?
Has anyone ever tried to 'blag' them selves into the uni? I doubt it will work because it's Kings. But if I do try to 'blag' what shall I say?

Thanks
Attainment at GCSE? (Simply 'yes' or 'no' will not suffice.)
MonsieurE
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
King's isn't that great really - poor accomodation and student support in particular have persuaded me to make it my 2nd to last choice... provided I get othe offers that is! This is all despite a fantastic reputation for History - The Times ranked it 5th and the Guardian ranked it 2nd
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If it's really bugging you, you could phone and ask why you were rejected, but to be honest I wouldn't bother. I doubt you could change their minds. Law is a very competitive course, so they have to reject lots of very good applicants who they'd probably love to take if they had more places.
shinyhappy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Really don't bother. They rejected you, they aren't going to suddenly change their minds. My friend got rejected by them for medicine, she rang to ask why and got told that it wasn't their policy to give a reason.
So, don't bother.
MonsieurE
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by shinyhappy)
Really don't bother. They rejected you, they aren't going to suddenly change their minds. My friend got rejected by them for medicine, she rang to ask why and got told that it wasn't their policy to give a reason.
So, don't bother.
That's easy enough for someone with 6 offers under their belt to say. (Particularly when one is an Oxford offer! )
El Scotto
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

lol i cant believe pple ring unis to ask why...
JamesF06
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm applying via ucas for the second year (first year to kings) and I've heard it said that you can always ring them and ask why. What've you got to lose? My friend rang Manchester after being rejected for Law and they told her the usual "blah competitive course blah blah blah" thing but hey it's always worth having a go.
Jammertal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:ditto:At least you'll get the latest admission figures. .:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?