The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Use the Russian thermostat (Ie, opening the windows)
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 41
The heating goes on in september and will get turned down over easter
"bathrooms in lakeside get cleaned bi-weekly."

You mean they come into your room??? Wouldn't like that
Reply 43
They come in, clean my bathroom, lay my towels out nicely, hoover the corridor then leave me alone.

Nothing goes missing, would you give up your job for a few students possesions? Its not viable to expect anything to be taken, its not logistically a good idea for them to do it. To my knowledge, although I havent looked (as it didn't concern me) theres never been an issue. Aside from that, Aston staff have the right to enter your room anytime, regardless of which accomodation you live in, in events such as fire alarms etc, to check your not hiding in your sink or your shower.

Theres an equal chance of something getting stolen then, I really don't think its something that should cause you unrest. They're quite cool anyway, most of them. About as cool as you can be when your job is be a professional cleaner, if you catch me.

Of course you may simply not like the idea of having someone in your room when you may not necceserily be there, suppose thats fair. Really upto you :smile:
Reply 44
I wouldn't like it incase I was in the shower!
at ours they tell us when someone is coming to clean our ensuites, they also get cleaned every 2 weeks. Its fine, we are always at uni cus they come in the mornings 9-1, and they do a gud job. They wouldnt take anything cus if its like ours the same cleaner does our block, so they would know it was them who did it.
Reply 46
They knock before coming in, obviously. And, if you dont want it done, they dont do it.
Reply 47
Fair enough still I can cope sharing a bathroom I've done it for the past 21 years I don't see why that needs to change and there is alot more room in standard showers
Reply 48
This is true, and they're the most powerful showers ever, in Stafford anywho!

At home mine are ridiculously underpowered now
mmm true, first time I went into bishop ryders I ended up blasted onto the back wall. really does wake you up in the morning.

The home one feels like just a trickle now.
Reply 50
I'm glad there is powerful showes...I hate ones that aren't...it's like whats the point!!?
i agree with all points here for standard accom. i wrote a load of waffle in another thread so wont repeat myself , but standard's where its at :wink:

Latest