The Student Room Group

Ucl school of pharmacy - interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by FinallyAValidName
Yea i know mines on the 18th of March wbu?

I had mine on Friday, it went well. I expected an interview but it was more like a conversation.
Original post by Doctor.
We shall make amazing doctors :biggrin: Look out Normal entry medics!

If we succeed, pharmacy will come in handy majority of first and second year is basically pharmacy so its all goood :biggrin: also pharmacy can supply us with hospital experience and our drug knowledge will be unparalleled.
and if medicine doesent work out we have a profession which garuntees us a well payed job in many sectors.... sounds full proof to me :biggrin:
Original post by Freiheit
I had mine on Friday, it went well. I expected an interview but it was more like a conversation.

really? they came across real serious in the email. How was the maths test?
Reply 23
If we succeed, pharmacy will come in handy majority of first and second year is basically pharmacy so its all goood :biggrin: also pharmacy can supply us with hospital experience and our drug knowledge will be unparalleled.
and if medicine doesent work out we have a profession which garuntees us a well payed job in many sectors.... sounds full proof to me :biggrin:

We'd be killing the normal medics...with our vast pharmaceutics knowledge :cool:
Original post by Doctor.
We'd be killing the normal medics...with our vast pharmaceutics knowledge :cool:

and then reviving them just to rub our medicine skills in their face :colone:
Reply 25
really? they came across real serious in the email. How was the maths test?

The maths test is at GCSE level and basic AS chemistry maths but it doesn't count or influence your application.
The maths test is at GCSE level and basic AS chemistry maths but it doesn't count or influence your application.

That's what they say, however what would be the point? Do they want stats, maybe they wanna see the extent of maths basic knowledge on performance on Pharm students, if they find a correlation between low scores and bad performance, vice versa it may become a new way of choosing students in the future?
Anyway i haven't done maths since GCSE do you think i'll need to revise?
any feedback on the interview would be much appreciated :biggrin:
Reply 27
That's what they say, however what would be the point? Do they want stats, maybe they wanna see the extent of maths basic knowledge on performance on Pharm students, if they find a correlation between low scores and bad performance, vice versa it may become a new way of choosing students in the future?
Anyway i haven't done maths since GCSE do you think i'll need to revise?
any feedback on the interview would be much appreciated :biggrin:

I was told by a student that there are two reasons for the maths test:
Firstly, each group goes through the day with 4 stages-interview, local tour, school tour and maths test. Without the maths test, there would be nothing else for the 4th group to do. The are 4 groups A,B,C,D.
Secondly, the school is using us as "test subjects" to have stats for their research and to see how prospective students perform so most likely to see the level of maths for A-level students.
I haven't done maths since GCSE either and I assure you that the test is not hard and requires no revision or preparation.
I was told by a student that there are two reasons for the maths test:
Firstly, each group goes through the day with 4 stages-interview, local tour, school tour and maths test. Without the maths test, there would be nothing else for the 4th group to do. The are 4 groups A,B,C,D.
Secondly, the school is using us as "test subjects" to have stats for their research and to see how prospective students perform so most likely to see the level of maths for A-level students.
I haven't done maths since GCSE either and I assure you that the test is not hard and requires no revision or preparation.

Awesome thanks bro :smile:

Might seem stupid, but do they give you a calculator for the maths test, their guidelines state that we shouldn't bring our own, and what were the questions like?
Reply 30
Original post by cosmobear92
Might seem stupid, but do they give you a calculator for the maths test, their guidelines state that we shouldn't bring our own, and what were the questions like?

They don't give you a calculator. Questions like 1/4 +3/8 and so on. Nothing complicated in any way.
anyone got an interview tommorow?

anyone who had an interview how was it??
Reply 32
Hey i was wondering whether you know if people can get reimbursed on the travel costs to get to the interview.
They have literally give me 10 days notice, and train tickets are crazy expensive. so it will end up costing me 100 quid for one interview.
and ive heard of some universities reimbursing so i wondered if they would do?

I am on full ema and stuff so its not like ive got money and just dont wanna pay. I cant actually afford it.
does anybody know when ucl give out offers/rejections? had an interview with them last week
Kings College offer! AAB (A in chem)

:bl::bl::bl::bl::bl:
Original post by cosmobear92
does anybody know when ucl give out offers/rejections? had an interview with them last week

on the 28th thats when they'll let me know
on the 28th thats when they'll let me know

For everyone or just you? The student showing us round said end of march, but im getting impatient :redface:
UCL offer AAB!
I got 5/30 in the maths test (did bad on purpose for teh lulz); and have an offer lol

Um, thanks for the neg rep guys. I only said it to make it clear that the maths test doesn't have an impact on you getting on offer.
(edited 12 years ago)
Everyone's got offers from ucl post interview, uclsop are too kind :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending