Turn on thread page Beta

When You Are No Longer A ''Student'' watch

ReputationRep:
    Will you just leave TSR?

Or is it like a second-home to you?

I am gonna be going to college soon, so have got quite a while yet before I am not a student, but I'd like to think that if this place is still going in a few more years I'll still come on here and discuss things with people.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure theyre are plenty of "secret" i am 30 year old TSR members!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a student. What are you getting at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarence)
    *coughs* pig *coughs*

ReputationRep:
    They're closing the internet next year anyway.

ReputationRep:
    And AT82.

When I'm 30 I will probably be bored of debating whether I hate or love Marmite though. I may come back when I'm 70-odd and can't eat Marmite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    sure they are

:stupid: :creep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    apparently there is a plan to release a devastating worm virus next year, to crush the internet once and for all, isn't there strarto? ^o)

ReputationRep:
    Some people think the internet is a bad thing....

AOLAOLAOLAOLAOLAOLAOLAOLAOLAOLAO LAOLAOLAOLAOL

ReputationRep:
    Quintessential coherence!

ReputationRep:
    You've been found out Clarence love

ReputationRep:
    Oh believe me, i am a way long off 30!

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I suspect "forums" might be out of fashion by the time I graduate in 3 and a half years. If I make it that far, that is . I mean it's been around for a while, BB culture, but I remember when chatrooms etc. were more popular. And who uses THOSE now-a-days? Technology will have progressed, we'll probably all be communicating psychically or something, or in a big VR building. Yeah, that would be cool. The subject forums would be like classrooms and seminars, chat would be like a bar / pub, H&R would be a clinic, D&D a "house of commons-esque" type place. The back room would be a bit of an orgy.

ReputationRep:
    Oh believe me, i am a way long off 30!
    a long way off thirty, or a long way past thirty ^o) :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    I dunno, I suspect "forums" might be out of fashion by the time I graduate in 3 and a half years. If I make it that far, that is . I mean it's been around for a while, BB culture, but I remember when chatrooms etc. were more popular. And who uses THOSE now-a-days? Technology will have progressed, we'll probably all be communicating psychically or something, or in a big VR building. Yeah, that would be cool. The subject forums would be like classrooms and seminars, chat would be like a bar / pub, H&R would be a clinic, D&D a "house of commons-esque" type place. The back room would be a bit of an orgy.
    You thought way too much into that... I doubt that by the time you graduate, that will happen... :rolleyes:

Would be cool though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    You thought way too much into that... I doubt that by the time you graduate, that will happen... :rolleyes:

Would be cool though
    I was being hyperbolous, young SW :p:

ReputationRep:
    I was being hyperbolous, young SW :p:
    I realised by the time I finished my sentance, but then posted anyway...

Nothing like looking like an idiot on a Tuesday[?] morning!!

ReputationRep:
    HYPER BOWL!!

oh we had so much fun saying that to the substitute in year10... we were such idiots!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    HYPER BOWL!!

oh we had so much fun saying that to the substitute in year10... we were such idiots!!
    I imagine it being like the Superbowl.. but leik omgz even biggerz!!

ReputationRep:
    I imagine it being like the Superbowl.. but leik omgz even biggerz!!
    Exactly!! :rofl:

We were going through a sheet and we had to read one out each.. and it came to Darrens turn and he didn't say Hyperbole - he just went - "HYPERBOWL?? What the f**k is that??" - had my teacher almost off her chair laughing [it was a hell of a lot more funny at the time because 90% of us had never heard hyperbole pronounced properly and so we didn't see what was funny, while my teacher was almost crying it was so funny!!

But yeah, that's how I remember it!! :p:

oh and we used to always confuse our substitues by saying that someone was using hyperbowl, and they never had a clue what we were going on about until some spoil-sport would go "They mean hyperbole!"

oh, how I loved school!!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.