should i or should i not? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I know this girl since xmas as we both go to the same foreign language class at uni. we don't normally see each other as we do different courses. Yet I have got feelings for her and everytime when we do talk (thats mostly during the language class which is once per week), I really have a good time talking to her.
Problem is that she has got a bf who's quite a long way away. Should I still express my feelings to her or not, as it may ruin the 'good relationship' with her now. Or should I just get used to living with my feelings?:hmmm:
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Tell all my friend, get it off your chest, i know its what i should do, its just building up the courage which is the main problem, dont bottle it up mate.
Anonymous #1
I've talked to my friends and they said I would really be a d*** if i intended to get into the lives between her and her bf. Still you think I should tell her my feelings anyway?
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've talked to my friends and they said I would really be a d*** if i intended to get into the lives between her and her bf. Still you think I should tell her my feelings anyway?
Sure, go ahead, there's no crime in letting out your emotions and letting her know how you feel, you never know, she might decide to try and make it work with you.
pumpkin7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah.. don't be the reason they break up. just remain friends for now.. i guess if she ever breaks up with her bf, THEN you can try... but as i said in another post, it is probably only you who stands to get hurt, and it really can't be worth it.. find someone else
kizer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I disagree with Markus for once. As a general rule, don't do things you wouldn't want people to do to you. If you would be happy if guys told your long distance gf they really fancied her, and tried to persuade her to get with them and dump you or cheat on you, then go ahead. Otherwise you should already know the answer to this.
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
don't confess. she's taken, and although honesty isn't a bad policy, it might not be best for this situation, as far as her boyfriend or even she could be concened.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by kizer)
I disagree with Markus for once. As a general rule, don't do things you wouldn't want people to do to you. If you would be happy if guys told your long distance gf they really fancied her, and tried to persuade her to get with them and dump you or cheat on you, then go ahead. Otherwise you should already know the answer to this.
thats why im worried about. But there's this other thing. Shall I tell her even though I don't wanna get involved into someone else's relationship? like just tell her I like her but I ain't asking her out
Fluent in Lies
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't tell her.
ciara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Definitely don't tell her. If you care about her then be her friend, don't make a move on her and put her in that position. Maybe one day things will change, but for now put it to the back of your mind - she's taken!
kizer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thats why im worried about. But there's this other thing. Shall I tell her even though I don't wanna get involved into someone else's relationship? like just tell her I like her but I ain't asking her out
Same rule applies I'm afraid, and by telling her you like her you ARE interfering with the relationship!! So no! Anyway what would it achieve - she'll feel really awkward, won't know what to say, and chances are it will mess up any chance you may have in the future.

Sorry if a girl is taken there really isn't much you can do if you are a good person, just got to move on or hope for the future.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by kizer)
Same rule applies I'm afraid, and by telling her you like her you ARE interfering with the relationship!! So no! Anyway what would it achieve - she'll feel really awkward, won't know what to say, and chances are it will mess up any chance you may have in the future.

Sorry if a girl is taken there really isn't much you can do if you are a good person, just got to move on or hope for the future.
I thought about it last night and u're right, I should not interfere her and her bf...either I wait and see how it goes or find someone else
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (69)
19.66%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (144)
41.03%
Nope, not that interesting (138)
39.32%

Watched Threads