Mini Pick Up - Good or Bad? Watch

The Canadian
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I've been thinking about buying an old Mini Pick Up and doing it up, but some people tell me they're useless and others say they are great. The only problem I have is that the people who drive them in America say they're great, those who drive them in Britain (both of them!!) say they are useless.

Are the pick ups as good on handling and performance as the normal minis, or are they a lot worse?

Also, how hard is it to find parts for them nowadays, or is it just a case of eBaying for bits?
Kingspharm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
All Minis are crap - just look at them, they're tiny. They have one of the worst crash safety profiles with modern testing.
Pookie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Kingspharm)
They have one of the worst crash safety profiles with modern testing.
What do you expect from a 1950's design?
OMGWTF
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you want a mini, its a bit different to every other mini. Any mini looks good with mini lights, a slight lowering and flared arches
The Canadian
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by OMGWTF)
If you want a mini, its a bit different to every other mini. Any mini looks good with mini lights, a slight lowering and flared arches
Actually, was gonna lift it :p:

I'm making it a point to try to never lower any car I own ever!!! Hate lowered cars, they look like sh*te to me. Plus, it would be a LOT different!

Oh, and Kingspharm, I don't care about car safety. I'm what most people politely call a stupid crazy fool for doing my more mundane stunts
bmwm6
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i love all Minis'.....i've seen a coupla mini pickups....they look awesome..
no idea abt parts and stuff....but, they r too cool:yy:
mini_mad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sorry to go slightly off topic but has anyone seen the M&S advert with the wee pink flowery mini at the end of it I loves it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1366)
79.7%
Leave (348)
20.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise