Turn on thread page Beta

My dad is selfish watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get any sympathy so why should anyone else? It's not the end of the world. TBH when people say their parents are dead on the net I am inclined not to believe them, though, maybe that's why I am a bit harsher than I'd be IRL.

I changed my SN so people would spell it right, but still, no one can read. What do i have to do?!
    Firstly I apologise for the name error and been slightly off topic,

If you didn't get any sympathy then thats really sad, you have mine. I suppose grief effects every in different ways but believe me it is the end of the world for some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayBee)
    If you didn't get any sympathy then thats really sad, you have mine. I suppose grief effects every in different ways but believe me it is the end of the world for some people.
    Wah wah wah. If people let something like death get them down then they're weak. I am sure this person's dad would act exactly the same even if their mother was alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    I didn't get any sympathy so why should anyone else? It's not the end of the world. TBH when people say their parents are dead on the net I am inclined not to believe them, though, maybe that's why I am a bit harsher than I'd be IRL.

I changed my SN so people would spell it right, but still, no one can read. What do i have to do?!
    Well I don't get any sympathy either! When did I say I did get sympathy? Even though I hurt a lot I never EVER moan about my hardships to anyone, if anything I'm the one who is constantly there to listen to other people's problems, so I really resent you implying that I'm both an attention seeker and a liar.

And no someone isn't weak for letting death get them down, they're human.

ReputationRep:
    Wah wah wah. If people let something like death get them down then they're weak. I am sure this person's dad would act exactly the same even if their mother was alive.
    God no, my dad became a ******* after my mum died. Grr...

Any way elbow-fan, if you really want to go to Newcastle (do you have any other options that may keep your dad on side?) then maybe try talking to him, show him what a great uni it is (I do maths there) and with trains/coaches its not really too far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayBee)
    God no, my dad became a ******* after my mum died. Grr...

Any way elbow-fan, if you really want to go to Newcastle (do you have any other options that may keep your dad on side?) then maybe try talking to him, show him what a great uni it is (I do maths there) and with trains/coaches its not really too far.
    My dad did too. He's always been bad and I have never got on with him but learning to deal with home alone was really a shock to the system.

Thanks for your advice KayBee, I think at the end of the day if I do manage to get the grades I'll be going whether he likes it or not. If that means being a little bit poorer for 3 years then so be it. Deep down I don't think he could hinder me like that, though I never really know with him to be honest. I always have to get him in the right mood if I ever need his support for something!

ReputationRep:
    Glad to be of help, PM if you need any advice about the student loans process (if you have to declare independence) newcastle uni or evil dads:rolleyes: .

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.