what can i do....i feel terrible :( Watch

MNBStyle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah yeah the alcohol made me do this, the alcohol made me do that, you was clearly still 100% aware of what you was doing.
So dont use alcohol as a excuse
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pretty Boy)
If you were my girlfriend, you'd be gone, and never spoken to again like you didnt exist.
Agreed, if you can't handle your drink then dont drink.
My favourite bit is how you blame exchanging contact details with him on the influence of alcohol, and the kissing to yet you wasn't drunk enough to get away from them once you had abit of fun.
May sound harsh to you but its the truth
dyslexic_banana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by high_priestess_fnord)
whats the big deal? if he trusted u then it wouldnt matter that u had drunkenly kissed some random (although maybe exchanging contact details was a bit much).
Yet another moralistic post, there.....
Zymoen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wowsers, everyone is being very harsh here. It wasn't as if she had full on sex followed by an affair behind her boyfriend's back. It sounds more like inexperience to me, not understanding that alcohol lowers inhibitions and her getting carried away.

She kissed him and exchanged phone numbers, realised what she'd done, destroyed the phone number and confessed to her boyfriend, (where was the credit given to her for that bit of courage by the way).

What happened was obviously not good, but she doesn't need people to beat her with the same stick she's beating herself up with.

To the OP, you can't change what you've already done but you can actively work on not allowing it to happen again. You'll have to work to build up the trust again, it might not be easy but it's certainly possible.

Good luck anyway.
Mike_Davies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Even though you were drunk it doesn't really excuse it as you must have some idea of what you were doing as you could still explain you had a b/f. Anyway even if he does forgive you it will probably take some time before you can rebuild that trust that was there before. Good of you to tell him though, very honest.
high priestess fnord
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dyslexic_banana)
Yet another moralistic post, there.....
are u trying to tell me u havnt done something stupid when drunk? it was a 1 off and she truely regrets it.

ps relationships differ. just because u r a control freak doesnt mean other ppl arent a little more open. /me and my bf have both randomly kissed/randomy been kissed (there is a *big* difference) by other ppl while having a night out. we trust each other and just laugh it off afterwards.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You have displayed a complete lack of self-control. You'd be in your walking shoes with me...
Big Fat Mel
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Any insults that I get I deserve.

What can I do?
I prescribe more alcohol as a way of solving your pr:tsr2: oblems, you wilkl kill your brain you two timing, :tsr2: drunken :tsr2: young hussy:tsr2: !!!
tomawest
Report 12 years ago
your boyfriend has given you a second chance and i think that as long as you carry on acting like u have been after you kissed him, then he will eventually forgive and forget. Time is the greatest of healers
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
To show him you are sorry, give up something you really like for an extended period of time, or just stop drinking to show how much you want to be with him!
Zymoen
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
To show him you are sorry, give up something you really like for an extended period of time, or just stop drinking to show how much you want to be with him!

Bit like lent???? Give up chocolate for 40 days and hope he'll get over it?
dyslexic_banana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
are u trying to tell me u havnt done something stupid when drunk? it was a 1 off and she truely regrets it.

ps relationships differ. just because u r a control freak doesnt mean other ppl arent a little more open. /me and my bf have both randomly kissed/randomy been kissed (there is a *big* difference) by other ppl while having a night out. we trust each other and just laugh it off afterwards.
Errrr, all I did was reply to this post of yours:

whats the big deal? if he trusted u then it wouldnt matter that u had drunkenly kissed some random (although maybe exchanging contact details was a bit much).
I haven't actually offered much, as regards the situation; it just seemed to be trivialising things a tad too much, starting a post off with "whats the big deal?". You really do have an immature, misguided take on things, if you consider my saying this to be evidence enough to label me a 'control freak'. What, so if I were to have a girlfriend, and to see her having done something like this as deserving of responses more serious in nature than "whats the big deal?", then that'd make me controlling towards her? By wishing for faithfulness? Jesus, you have some growing up to do.

Oh, and your situation with your boyfriend is fair enough, if both of you are happy with it, but it still bears no relevance to the situation being discussed; her situation with her boyfriend is what does. So what if your boyfriend's happy with you kissing other guys? What's important, here, is the effect it's had on her boyfriend. If he wouldn't do what she did, and theirs isn't such open a relationship as yours, then it's a far more serious matter.

Actually, as much as I hate the idea of cheating, I will say for this girl that she does seem to feel very guilty for her actions; she doesn't seem a total *****, or anything. But, you know, I still think (as does she) that comments such as yours are perhaps undermiming the seriousness of such a situation.

P.S. I've done a lot of stupid things when drunk (not of this nature, however), and, as it happens, I would take into account the fact that she was drunk, when judging her for her actions; alcohol does loosens one's morals, so to speak, and I wouldn't condemn anyone for anything they did while drunk, as much as I would for anything they did while sober. It's not a complete excuse for anything, but......
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed