Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: They have a partner: do you do anything?
    Yes, it's not my problem.
    38.46%
    No, it wouldn't be right.
    61.54%

ReputationRep:
    If you were single and someone whom you knew had a boyfriend/girlfriend came onto you, would you consider it wrong on your part to do anything? The other night I was sharing a bed with my friend's brother after a night out. He's 6 years older than me and has a girlfriend, but he made a move anyway. I told him it was wrong because he had a girlfriend and he didn't understand why it was my problem in any way. What would you have done? (Assuming you were attracted to them.)

ReputationRep:
    If they're gonna cheat they're gonna cheat...

I wouldn't think twice about getting it on with a girl that was with someone else... like the poll says - not my problem

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but if they're gonna cheat...what's not to say they'd not cheat on you too?

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)
    Yeah but if they're gonna cheat...what's not to say they'd not cheat on you too?
    oh no, I wouldn't consider a relationship with that person!! But for a one night thing, who cares?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably reciprocate. Not necessarily because I think its right but because I always seem to end up doing things like that. I'm bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    oh no, I wouldn't consider a relationship with that person!! But for a one night thing, who cares?? :confused:
    Haha! I guess

I'd feel pretty bad though, for the other person, the cheatee

Apricot Fairy...I know you were Susiemakemeblue but were you called Airport Fairy inbetween or am I just a really crap reader?!

ReputationRep:
    He's in the relationship, not me. Therefore it’s not my problem. However, karma is annoying, and it would come back…so no.

Personally, it wouldn’t feel right. I find it hard to be attracted to someone without integrity…no matter how gorgeous he was - unless my feelings are purely physical. But even then, I’d feel guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)
    Haha! I guess

Apricot Fairy...I know you were Susiemakemeblue but were you called Airport Fairy inbetween or am I just a really crap reader?!
    I was indeed! But MNBStyle called me Apricot by accident and it kind of stuck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)
    Haha! I guess

Yeah but at the end of the day, say I'm in a bed with a girl and she tries whatever with me and I say "no, you have a girl/boy friend" then who's to say they don't go out to a club the next night and get off woth the first person they see??

If they're gonna cheat, they're gonna cheat - and if they're fit then, why not you be the one?? :p:

Just don't get involved is the best thing to do!! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluedreamer)
    He's in the relationship, not me. Therefore it’s not my problem. However, karma is annoying, and it would come back…so no.

Personally, it wouldn’t feel right. I find it hard to be attracted to someone without integrity…no matter how gorgeous he was - unless my feelings are purely physical. But even then, I’d feel guilty.
    See, that's how I felt. Was very tempted though, he was cute. And he kept complimenting me.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but at the end of the day, say I'm in a bed with a girl and she tries whatever with me and I say "no, you have a girl/boy friend" then who's to say they don't go out to a club the next night and get off woth the first person they see??

If they're gonna cheat, they're gonna cheat - and if they're fit then, why not you be the one?? :p:

Just don't get involved is the best thing to do!! :yy:
    That is such a bad point of view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    That is such a bad point of view.
    Not really, I don't see how them cheating and their relationship has anything to do with me at the end of the day!

I know it sounds ****gy and immoral but why does it make a difference to me if the person I'm copping off with is taken or not?? :confused:

Maybe I'm just evil??

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I don't see how them cheating and their relationship has anything to do with me at the end of the day!

I know it sounds ****gy and immoral but why does it make a difference to me if the person I'm copping off with is taken or not?? :confused:

Maybe I'm just evil??
    See, in a way I wish I had...

...although it was kind of fun being mean to him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apricot Fairy)
    See, in a way I wish I had...

...although it was kind of fun being mean to him!
    Yeah, teasing can be almost as fun as actually doing something sometimes!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, teasing can be almost as fun as actually doing something sometimes!! :p:
    Not so much teasing as being rude to him! But in a semi-nice way...

Me: "Bugger off and go to sleep!"
    Him: "Oh but you're delicious, I can't resist!"
    Me: "Well it's a good thing I can resist you then, isn't it?"
    Him: "You're very mean!"
    Me: "Yep!"

ReputationRep:

Maybe I'm just evil??
    I don't know, I could just never live with myself, it just seems inherantly wrong.

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't do anything [if i were single] because i wouldnt want breaking up a relationship on my conscience.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't hold myself responsible for breaking up the relationship. If they're going to break, it'll happen whether I pull him or not. That's why it's weird - just this "feeling" that it's still wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apricot Fairy)
    I wouldn't hold myself responsible for breaking up the relationship. If they're going to break, it'll happen whether I pull him or not. That's why it's weird - just this "feeling" that it's still wrong.
    Because it will be directly your fault, as opposed to somone elses fault. You cant know for certain that they will 're-offend'.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.