Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    Im in a predicament. I dont know which one of these unis to go to
    Thames Valley,APU, Westminster, or queen mary. I got 3 A's in Maths,
    physics, Spanish Alevel edexcel.This is probably the biggest decision of my life. I heard Apu had an amazing reputation for physics (www.anglia.ac.uk) i heard it has ground breaking students and the department is amazing-one friend told me it was on par with Stanford,Mit,caltech,harvard and queen mary. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabsuk)
    Hi there,
    physics, Spanish Alevel edexcel.This is probably the biggest decision of my life. I heard Apu had an amazing reputation for physics (www.anglia.ac.uk) i heard it has ground breaking students and the department is amazing-one friend told me it was on par with Stanford,Mit,caltech,harvard and queen mary. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    You applied to TVU with three A grades in math phys and spanish?????

ReputationRep:
    Even with 3 C's avoid Westminster and TVU like a plague, I know somebody that got into Westminster with one E and D in AVCE ICT.

Don't undersell yourself because you will regret when you find you're doing an easy degree that appears worthless. APU and Kings are probably much better and will give you the challange you will probably need.

Hi there,
    taking the piss right? if not, oh dear, go for queen mary

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

You know it's not nice to make jokes like that. Some people really are going to those universities and it's not nice to mock them.

On the other hand if you ARE serious (don't worry love, it's not too late) you really should aim higher with your grades you can reach for the SKY!!!!!! Thames Valley is number 100 on the rankings and employers don't give a rats arse at how well the particular subject ranks on it's own, it the uni as a whole that matters. It's a superficial world out there, I know. All of the uni's you've chosen are really low ranking. You can do better, but only if you want to. If you are happy going to those universities then go for it.

You were joking though, weren't you? 3 A's??? c'mon?!!?!

ReputationRep:
    Even weirder....comparison of APU with MIT, harvard, stanford and caltech! Then comparing those places to queen mary. Doesn't work by any stretch of the imagination

ReputationRep:
    tvu are gr8! if i dont get into lse thats where im going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    tvu are gr8! if i dont get into lse thats where im going
    Don't speak so negative, if you really want to go to LSE then you shall get in!!

ReputationRep:
    Im going to pick thames valley i heard its where all the jet set go. a friend told me i will have so much fun there and the teaching is inspirational. cant wait.Glad that all my hard work from last year will pay off! Thanks guys for the advice!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Im going to pick thames valley i heard its where all the jet set go. a friend told me i will have so much fun there and the teaching is inspirational. cant wait.Glad that all my hard work from last year will pay off! Thanks guys for the advice!!!!!!!!!
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck but be prepared even with 3 As you might find some of the classes hard!

ReputationRep:
    im not sure if i will cope, im scared i wont pass my end of year exams should i get some tuition.Dont want to get a 3rd u know i want to do post grad at apu. any advice

ReputationRep:
    yeah I would have said you could do with a private tutor to get you through a year at TVU.

ReputationRep:
    hey queen mary aint a low uni.....it middle top so is brunel which u've dissed b4. bottom in london is city and westminister and london metropolitan, but in terms of brunel its one of the TOP for engineerin and in general as a uni it har employment rates then birmingham or st andrews.

ReputationRep:
    oh my god,
    did u guys just think my choices are low unis.that is crazy im from russia and my proferssor recommended these unis.im a good student with high standards that why i mentioned caltech and mit. im being taken for a ride. i have already accped tvu.What am i to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    oh my god,
    did u guys just think my choices are low unis.that is crazy im from russia and my proferssor recommended these unis.im a good student with high standards that why i mentioned caltech and mit. im being taken for a ride. i have already accped tvu.What am i to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    listen u premature headed twit, its obvious that ur a joker and wasted a whole thread and ppls time just to give you advise when ur just messin, we aint dumb, ur not a smart russian kid who chose the worst uni and has no knowledge of uk unis, cause

1) ur name gives the game away, especially the 'uk' part
    2) doubt you would be able to find this website and not find league tables or such
    3) ur doin british qualifications in russia without having knowledge of unis in the uk? (not likely)
    4) quote ''What am i to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /quote - try growin up

ooh boy ---attention seeking morons really REALLY annoy me......worse than flies

''if i were u, i would choose london ucl. You are most likely to find people u like there. In terms of nightlife edinburgh is overated and when it comes to expense it almost as expensive as london still £3 a pint in bars. Edinburgh is prettty though but do u want to hang around with mostly scots and public school kids. I think not.Go to UCL. If u want a city and u want to have fun go to london.You might have to get a part time job as well but is worth it.Best night life in europe and u will be with international students. U will like it and just avoid brighton that is a dump.I hope my advice is of use. personally i want to go to boston when i finish my studies in the uk,london''
    this was posted by our mockster here in another topic

ReputationRep:
    oh my god,
    International student prospectuses strike again.
    TVU probably spend about 97% of their entire budget on things to go overseas, they can't shed the bad rep they have over here

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.