Turn on thread page Beta

Britons .... Polite but Boring !!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    He's just made a post that is so astounding in it's stupidity it outmatches any kind of supposed ignorant "gene" that Americans supposedly have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    What about the males? They don't get pregnant do they?:confused:
    I'm not saying that abortions good but:

you think if abortions were made illegal it's fair to say that females should stay abstinent to avoid becoming pregnant but guys don't have to? And you think it's fair that girls would most likely become single parents and take responsibility (and have their whole lives changed by a law) and a guy can just leave even though he helped make the baby?

[/off-topic]

That is one thing that annoys me when I talk to Americans (they think it's fine that the girl gets the blame and the responsibility, but totally ignore a males role) and then believe that abstinence is the way. Many of those who believe in abstinence then go on to have oral sex because they think

1. It isn't sex (whatever, that's debatable)
    2. They won't get STDs!
    3. They'll stay virgins and not have to worry about pregnancy and will still be true Christians...

ReputationRep:
    Strange - The examples you cited in the first post of yours were clearly made up; You're honestly telling me that Americans don't know Germans have cars?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strange)
    I'm not saying that abortions good but:

you think if abortions were made illegal it's fair to say that females should stay abstinent to avoid becoming pregnant but guys don't have to? And you think it's fair that girls would most likely become single parents and take responsibility (and have their whole lives changed by a law) and a guy can just leave even though he helped make the baby?

[/off-topic]

That is one thing that annoys me when I talk to Americans (they think it's fine that the girl gets the blame and the responsibility, but totally ignore a males role) and then believe that abstinence is the way. Many of those who believe in abstinence then go on to have oral sex because they think

1. It isn't sex (whatever, that's debatable)
    2. They won't get STDs!
    3. They'll stay virgins and not have to worry about pregnancy and will still be true Christians...
    That the stupidest thing I've ever read on this board. And, I'm going to tell you why you are an idiot right here, so follow closely:

First, let's talk about gender role.

Let’s take you average women. Let’s say she gets dressed up for the night to go out. The works. Gets her hair done, manicure, make up, a new dress, etc. And, let’s say she walks up to 10 random guys and asks them to sleep with her.

Now, let’s say the man do the same thing. A new outfit, a haircut, barbershop shave. He is looking clean cut. And, let him walk up to 10 random females and ask them to sleep with him.

Who strikes more times? (Don't be an idiot.)

It’s damn near impossible for a man to turn down sex. It is har-har-HARD for a man to turn down sex. Yeah, we can stop chasing it, but even that requires some rehab. But, it’s hard for a man to stop...WOO. If it chase us we can run that fast! It’s gonna catch us. It’s like, “Oh no....No....ah ****, pulled a hamstring, ya got me, ya got me! Ya got me!” We can’t run that fast. See, it’s easy for women to turn down sex. It ain’t **** for yall to turn down sex. You know why? Because even woman in here, ever since you was 13, ever guy you ever met has been trying to **** you!! That’s right. Women are offered **** EVERY DAY. Every woman in here gets offered **** 3 times a week!! 3 times a day ****. Every time a man is being nice to you, he’s offering you ****.

Man: Uh uh, can help you with that!
    Translation: Can I help you with some ****?

Man: Can I get that for you?
    Translation: How about some ****?

Nobody offers us ****. We got to fend for ourselves. We can’t believe it when we get an offer. Whenever that **** happens we’re like, ‘Damn, this must be my lucky day!!”

Chris Rock - Bigger and Blacker

Now as crude as that may sound to you, it’s the truth. You can’t say that when it comes to sex, more than not the girl is the one that makes the decision as to whether or not sex is going to happen.

Here is where the hypocrisy happens: New age women complain that it is unfair that men can be looked upon as pimps if they sleep with a lot of women, but that women are looked at as whores if they do. Then, they complain that men aren’t allowed to take responsibility for the child if one is conceived.

What these women don’t get, is that no matter what they say or do, no matter how fair or unfair they think it is, guys just want get down. And, it doesn’t matter what race or religion you are, or where you are from, all guys are the same. I can generalize us like that, because I am one, and my best friends are guys. And, any guy who says otherwise is a liar.

Next topic.

If I am going to stab myself in the face, there is a pretty good chance that it is going to hurt. If I stab myself in the face, it’s not going to hurt Joe who is sitting here next to me. Therefore, I am left with the dilemma. Should I stab myself in the face? Mmmm, I think not.
    You can’t say, “Oh my god! It’s unfair that a girl shouldn’t have to have a pregnancy but a man can walk away from responsibility. You should have thought of that before you did “the do.”
    This is not an unknown consequence. You know this was a possibility before you engage in the action. Unfortunately, women were blessed with this gift/burden. No one can change that. So, stop whining it an accept it. That would be like a man *****ing that airplane seats aren’t big enough because when I have an erection I get very uncomfortable with my legs squished together like that. (True story.)

And, finally, cut that **** out about how American are idiots. And, cut the **** out about how every American is Christian, too.

First, let's talk about gender role.

ReputationRep:
    As a passive observer, could somebody tell me the point of this futile discussion?

ReputationRep:
    Some people are spreading anti-American crap for the sake of it. Some of us are trying to be at least a little bit fair.

ReputationRep:
    American's are ignorant ("Isn't England a city in France?", "We're going to London, which is in England - No, we're going to Angleland, England is a city in Angleland", "Polish is so similar to German", "German's have cars and traffic lights?????")
    You're full of it. If your argument holds any water you shouldn't have to make up fake quotes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    You're full of it. If your argument holds any water you shouldn't have to make up fake quotes.

I think we've proved without a doubt that Britons are neither polite, nor boring.

That wasn't even a decent troll.

ReputationRep:
    Those aren't made up quotes, I've actually been told those things by Americans. I remember thinking "how do these people know how to breath?" when I heard them say those things. Maybe I'm biased because I've only ever met the lowest of the low. I guess stupid people are stupid no matter where you live.

And Rusty, I'm not going to argue with you, but I disagree.

ReputationRep:
    Those aren't made up quotes, I've actually been told those things by Americans. I remember thinking "how do these people know how to breath?" when I heard them say those things. Maybe I'm biased because I've only ever met the lowest of the low. I guess stupid people are stupid no matter where you live.

And Rusty, I'm not going to argue with you, but I disagree.
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to argue about my prejudice, generalized comments either.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe you heard anyone ask if the Germans have cars unless the voices in your head have an American accent.

Everywhere you look you see VW, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi cars. It's just not possible someone could be unaware of this, unless it was meant to be sarcastic. It's like asking if the French have cheese.

(Original post by djchak)
    I think we've proved without a doubt that Britons are neither polite, nor boring.

That wasn't even a decent troll.
    There are plenty of false stereotypes out there. Another one you often hear in Europe is that Americans are lazy?!?!?! :confused:

Americans are nothing if not productive. Who else would ever put up with our standard 40-plus-hours-a-week, 2-weeks-vacation business schedule?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    Americans are nothing if not productive. Who else would ever put up with our standard 40-plus-hours-a-week, 2-weeks-vacation business schedule?
    That means they work a lot, not that they're productive:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    That means they work a lot, not that they're productive:p:
    Yeah, nevermind the 9.75 trillion dolar GDP.

ReputationRep:
    Lets sum America up. OK
    Yeak were LAZY, and anyone who says otherwise is just kidding themselves.
    Yeah were workaholics,

The culture here SUCKS. Why do you think I'm going to study in the UK, heck I even applied to three american uni's that located in Europe, just to get out of the US.

A large majority of the people in America are just plain ignornant. Have you looked lately at who our presidant is???Ughhh. Another thing, for Southern Cali, and from what I hear about NY, our education systems for High School are pathetic....So OK we have what is percieved as a great economy, but does anyone actually do anthing beneficial with their money. Were spolied, use to getting our own way, and could really care less about other people. -keep in mind- this is the general public. Plus we treat our war veterans horribly:mad:

It's not that I hate America, but a lot needs to be changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstraeaBeauty)
    Lets sum America up. OK
    Yeak were LAZY, and anyone who says otherwise is just kidding themselves.
    Yeah were workaholics,

The culture here SUCKS. Why do you think I'm going to study in the UK, heck I even applied to three american uni's that located in Europe, just to get out of the US.

A large majority of the people in America are just plain ignornant. Have you looked lately at who our presidant is???Ughhh. Another thing, for Southern Cali, and from what I hear about NY, our education systems for High School are pathetic....So OK we have what is percieved as a great economy, but does anyone actually do anthing beneficial with their money. Were spolied, use to getting our own way, and could really care less about other people. -keep in mind- this is the general public. Plus we treat our war veterans horribly:mad:

It's not that I hate America, but a lot needs to be changed.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Stay wherever you go. Be happy.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.