The Student Room Group

Anyone here worked for KFC or knows someone who has?

Anyone here worked for KFC or knows someone who has?

I need some help! URGENT.

Thanks in advance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know people that do, and work in a retail centre with a KFC in. What's the question? I might be able to help.
Reply 2
Original post by Steevee
I know people that do, and work in a retail centre with a KFC in. What's the question? I might be able to help.

Can you find out what happens after you pass the online application?
Reply 3
I work at KFC - The computer system automatically either passes or fails you and then emails you to let you know, and then if you pass they get in touch in a week or so (or, as in my case, fifteen minutes after posting the application) to invite you to an interview (I use that term loosely... It's just "games" so they can see how you work within a team).
However, the questionnaire on the website is flawed at best, so they'll often still ask you to an interview even if the computer system told you that you had failed; I was the only person at my interview who got a "Congratulaions" email after filling in the application
Good luck... Let's hope you didn't like the food before, because you sure as hell won't like it after one shift! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Yes! I used to work there, I just quit a month ago because IT IS THE WORST PLACE YOU COULD EVER WANT TO WORK EVER!
They still owe me for twenty hours work, I have been in touch with the head office since december, there has been so much hassle over paying me it's unbelievable.
Also, KFC was my first job, so I didn't know anything about work, and they didnt train me at all. I didn't know what dates I was getting paid, where and how to clock in, when I needed to wash my hands, how to do anything basically!
Please, don't work there. It's truly awful.
Reply 5
You'd have to be incredibly stupid to fail an assessment test that qualifies you to work at KFC.
Reply 6
Original post by marcusfox
You'd have to be incredibly stupid to fail an assessment test that qualifies you to work at KFC.

You should see the questions they ask, it's no wonder customers assume I'm stupid.

"Stealing food is okay if you're underpaid.
1. Strongly Agree
2. Agree
3. Don't know
4. Disagree
5. Strongly Disagree"
Reply 7
Original post by mlycrz
You should see the questions they ask, it's no wonder customers assume I'm stupid.

"Stealing food is okay if you're underpaid.
1. Strongly Agree
2. Agree
3. Don't know
4. Disagree
5. Strongly Disagree"

My brother works for them. He fries the chicken and says he won't have anything to do with serving actual customers.
Reply 8
My brother works for them. He fries the chicken and says he won't have anything to do with serving actual customers.

The thing is, they aren't a bad company to work for, particularly from a student's perspective. They always give you time off if you need it, you get paid weekly rather than monthly, they're open late meaning you can fit shifts in on a weeknight and get weekends off, and when you move for Uni they can get you a transfer to a store nearby, meaning you have a job as soon as you get there with the option of doing some shifts when you come home over Christmas/Easter/Summer.
The customers are the scum of the earth though.
Original post by mlycrz

Ouch. :sad:
Original post by mlycrz
The thing is, they aren't a bad company to work for, particularly from a student's perspective. They always give you time off if you need it, you get paid weekly rather than monthly, they're open late meaning you can fit shifts in on a weeknight and get weekends off, and when you move for Uni they can get you a transfer to a store nearby, meaning you have a job as soon as you get there with the option of doing some shifts when you come home over Christmas/Easter/Summer.

That all sounds good :smile:

Was it the customers on any particular shift that were worse then others?

How do you apply in the first place?

Can you do it online?
Reply 11
Original post by Elissabeth
That all sounds good :smile:

Was it the customers on any particular shift that were worse then others?

How do you apply in the first place?

Can you do it online?

Just as a general rule of thumb, Fridays from about 4 until about 8 are awful because it's stressed parents and loud kids, but it dies down pretty quickly after that and then it's easy going until closing time. Same goes for Saturday shifts, 11am-2pm and then 4pm-8pm are a bit hectic but after about a fortnight working there you can cope well with it. You develop a great work ethic too, I'm a former procrastinator extrordinaire and now I get edgy if I have nothing constructive to do haha! What you'll tend to find is that even if shifts on busier days are more stressful, they fly by SO quickly because you literally don't have a chance to stop and feel sorry for yourself, whereas a shift on a Tuesday drags because there's nothing to take your mind off it

At my store you can only apply online, so I'd assume it's the same case for all stores, if you go to kfc.co.uk/join-us then you can fill in an application and they'll get in touch... Don't answer any questions with "I don't know/Not sure" because thn the computer automatically fails you
Original post by mlycrz
Just as a general rule of thumb, Fridays from about 4 until about 8 are awful because it's stressed parents and loud kids, but it dies down pretty quickly after that and then it's easy going until closing time. Same goes for Saturday shifts, 11am-2pm and then 4pm-8pm are a bit hectic but after about a fortnight working there you can cope well with it. You develop a great work ethic too, I'm a former procrastinator extrordinaire and now I get edgy if I have nothing constructive to do haha! What you'll tend to find is that even if shifts on busier days are more stressful, they fly by SO quickly because you literally don't have a chance to stop and feel sorry for yourself, whereas a shift on a Tuesday drags because there's nothing to take your mind off it

At my store you can only apply online, so I'd assume it's the same case for all stores, if you go to kfc.co.uk/join-us then you can fill in an application and they'll get in touch... Don't answer any questions with "I don't know/Not sure" because thn the computer automatically fails you

Okay, thank you very much.
Reply 13

believe it or not, it's the opposite
Does anyone know when we actually get paid
Reply 15
Hi,I just started working forKFC. I am trying to finish my training assessment at KFC ( which is quite alot). I have done all of the assessments but stuck at my last assessment, which is the "Burger station,sides, freezer to fryer" assessment. I am also unable to go back to the relevant e-module to refresh my memory. I was wondering if anyone can provide me withthe relevant literature? Typical questions are:- What is the holding timefor Popcorn chicken?- What is the holding timefor cooked fries?- What chicken optionshould be used to build a twister??- When cooking 4 hashbrowns what tier of the basket should you use? Thanks, LuckyH0�g6I��
I have! What's up?
Oh never mind, just seen that this thread is three years old...
Reply 18
Hi there,
I just started working for KFC. I am trying to finish my training assessment at KFC ( which is quite a lot). I have done all of the assessments but stuck at
Reply 19
Original post by MagicJigsaw
I have! What's up?

Hi mate. Do you have the literature related to KFC "Burger station,sides, freezer to fryer" assessment? This thread is old but I still need this information desperately. Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending