The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Cardiff met halls of residence

My course is on the Llandaff campus, quite a few people have said that plas gwyn halls are the best because they are closer, however the private halls do give the option of a double bed, and they look quite good on the inside, and i was wondering if anyone else is in private halls what do they think of them? and which ones are the closest to the Llandaff campus ?

:excited:
My girlfriend is in Evalian Court which is the nearest private halls to the uni. It is about a 15 minute walk I would say to the campus.
If you manage to get a double bed there, the room will be huge. My gf has a sofa in her room aswell for christ sake!
It is in a really good place for buses to get into town (it will either have to be buses or taxis, it is too far to walk all the time really), and even though you are right next to a very busy road, the noise doesn't really come through at all.
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Original post by meganelizabeth94
My course is on the Llandaff campus, quite a few people have said that plas gwyn halls are the best because they are closer, however the private halls do give the option of a double bed, and they look quite good on the inside, and i was wondering if anyone else is in private halls what do they think of them? and which ones are the closest to the Llandaff campus ?

:excited:

Hi,
Im the girlfriend mentioned in the post above haha. I am in evelain court which is private halls thus its more expensive than pas gwyn. Yes pas gwyn might be closer but apprently its abit of a **** hole, small rooms and can barley move in the shower. Evelain is a pretty good standard tbh even the single rooms are quite big and the doubles are massive! The only real positive i've hear from pas gwyn is that people tend to spend alot more time in the kitchens as its more open so it might be more social on that aspect. But from my first weeks at evlain last year it was fine there are alot of flat partys going on so you soon get around and know most people.

A tip I learn't from this year is try and find people on FB, although i haven't stayed friends with many of the people i spoke to on FB before going to uni, it was nice to have some friendly faces when I moved in :biggrin:

Any other questions feel free to message me :smile:
Thankyou thats really handy :smile: xx
Reply 4
Hey have you tried looking at Liberty Park?

They are part of Liberty Living I been there its really nice and 24 hour security and 3/4 beds. Great space.

I loved it.

I contacted the new Accommodation Ambassador they have, his name is Chris and he put me in contact with the staff there. was great help.

His email is - [email protected]

Good luck
I just had a look round Student Castle which is quite central to town. It's really easy to get to uni by bus and it looks so, so nice! I'm a second year student looking for next year because my house fell through and thinking I may go for SC. Anyone else had a look at it?
Reply 6
Original post by CardiffStudent2
I just had a look round Student Castle which is quite central to town. It's really easy to get to uni by bus and it looks so, so nice! I'm a second year student looking for next year because my house fell through and thinking I may go for SC. Anyone else had a look at it?

I stayed at Plas Gwyn for a year :smile: it was pretty incredible! £90 a week and I was given the worst block but it was good. It's about a 10 minute walk from uni.
he Official Freshers Event Click "Attending" to be in touch with all the latest and be prepared for when Freshers Week 2013 is released!

https://www.facebook.com/events/4655...50030/?fref=ts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending