Examples of bylaws? In delegated legislation, sources of law

Watch
Perceptive
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I can't find any examples of bylaws anywhere on the internet but I know that a lot of them are weird/strange. Can anybody please give me 2 or 2 bylaws? Or link me to a website with a list of them please? Eternally grateful
VickyG166
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Perceptive)
I can't find any examples of bylaws anywhere on the internet but I know that a lot of them are weird/strange. Can anybody please give me 2 or 2 bylaws? Or link me to a website with a list of them please? Eternally grateful
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-10895268
wolowizards
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
do it yourself
alexemp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thats nice
hollyxjay
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1. Council bylaws - Drinking ban e.g. not drinking within a radius of the city centre and you get a fine if you are caught
2. Transport bylaws - Train companies like Cross Country and Merseyrail having their own by laws for their trains e.g. putting your feet on the seats will get you a fine
Bitesizelaw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because byelaws are made by local councils there is not, as far as I can see, a single source to go to. It would be a very long list.

Try looking at the websites for a few of your local councils. Here's one I found for Lincolnshire (I chose it at random) https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/councillo...-e95e0e2d-a58a. Here you can discover, for example, the byelaw that requires dogs to be kept on a lead or carried in Cleethorpes cemetery.

Happy hunting!

Amanda Grant a.k.a. Bitesizelaw

(Original post by Perceptive)
karis2942
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
In 2008 London Underground enforced a drinking ban on the tubes - there's a few videos on youtube of massive drinking parties on the tube the night before the bylaw came into effect
mjhmichael18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
As I am in Year 12 and I do BTEC Applied Law, I have some resources for this and I have also done an assignment question on this and that may or may not help you. Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (75)
27.17%
No - I have already returned home (32)
11.59%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (57)
20.65%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (30)
10.87%
No - I live at home during term anyway (82)
29.71%

Watched Threads