Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    120 WPM :cool:
    that's pretty impressive,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zthavan)
    that's pretty impressive,
    People used to stare at me in Computing or anywhere else where I'm on a computer in public for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    I don't touch type correctly, my fingers are all over the place. But I can type without looking at the keyboard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p00p)
    I don't touch type correctly, my fingers are all over the place. But I can type without looking at the keyboard
    Yeah I don't either - I just picked it up naturally without any lessons :p: it's better that way - if you're allowed freedom you'll probably end up typing faster.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't either - I just picked it up naturally without any lessons :p: it's better that way - if you're allowed freedom you'll probably end up typing faster.
    Having a computer for about 9 years really helps with that.

ReputationRep:
    two words per second! :eek:

do you have any video evidence to back up this ludicrously impressive claim?

ReputationRep:
    Touch typing is typing using all your fingers without moving your hands right? I can type without looking at the keyboard but its only using my index and sometimes middle fingers, though I can get pretty quick

ReputationRep:
    bull. tis a bit more than me. maybe on some crappy test with your accuracy at about 2%.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh 120WPM pushing it a bit, I so want proof - there's got to be some program where you can race lol. If not I'll invent one. Touch-typing isn't too hard, I learnt with the Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing (on a demo version without even buying it). It sure does speed up typing essays, and means you can finish early and go and do something better with your time!

ReputationRep:
    I think the limit with touch typing is about 180wpm..

speeds of 150wpm have been obtained (record breakers)

ReputationRep:
    I can type without looking at the keyboard as long as I know where to start, but I don't think I use the proper hand position. I do use both hands though.

ReputationRep:
    Home keys is a load of gobpoo. I find that having had no qualification whatsoever in typing I type a lot better than most people with that quali; I type not looking at the screen, to probably 70wpm plus with barely any mistakes, most of which are my hands going faster than my brain and two letters being swapped accidentally. Anyone who's tried keeping up with me in legbiter always comes off second best :king1:

ReputationRep:
    well who else here can do one handed touch typing eh?

ReputationRep:
    I cna just about... I rend to type some letters on the wroung place though...

Not too bad....seeing as I havent attempted to touvh type for absolutly afes....:p:

That was touch typing too... as is this...Im getting better!!! w00t!

ReputationRep:
    Ican one handed youvh type.. dpmetimes....hmmmmm
    not as gppd as two handed....:p:

ReputationRep:
    I#m typing this woythpit ;pplinh ay yjr lrivopatd.

ah skit.

ReputationRep:
    I can do what I think touch typing is but if you have to type with all your fingers to do it then I can't do it but if it is just typing without looking then I can do it but I have to feel the edge of the keyboard when I start so I know where I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Centipe)
    I#m typing this woythpit ;pplinh ay yjr lrivopatd.

ah skit.
    in english that would be what exactly???:p:

ReputationRep:
    ok i am not going to look at my heoaboard and type, i was doing well until the vloosy keyaboatd came. wow look ai am rtpung witj my eyes closed, woasdhhhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bis)
    bull. tis a bit more than me. maybe on some crappy test with your accuracy at about 2%.
    My accuracy's rather good, thanks.

Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.