Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Top Gear Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hah, nope, it's something completely different today and next week...something to do with Everest? heh.

I liked the one when he ordered Fish and CHips 75 times haha. I think that was when they were re-doing that road. But I can't wait to see how the biofuel goes .

ReputationRep:
    yeh come on new series

ReputationRep:
    I just watched the America one again, such a classic!

ReputationRep:
    I saw hammy on the Jonathan Ross show, whitened teeth AND long hair.. Who says Jezzers going to have a field day. :rolleyes: :rofl:

I am exited because I've been waiting for it to come on for ages.

ReputationRep:
    Is the stuff in the studio live or just recorded a few days before the Sunday?

its recorded and if you want tickets you have the audience has to be 50 50 men/women

ReputationRep:
    Yep, on the TG website it confirms that "Top Gear will be back on your screens with a brand new series on Sunday October 7."

ReputationRep:
    Finally!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Really looking forward to this series, as always ;thumbsup;

ReputationRep:
    hopaaaa
    its back.

ReputationRep:
    Woo, less than 2 days now people! Oooohhhh yeah!

any word on whats on it yet?

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    As we take the tyre-warmers off a new series of Top Gear, the wait’s almost over. We’ve got ten whole episodes of excellent-ness ready to unleash on your Sunday night viewing schedule, and you simply won’t believe what Messrs Clarkson, Hammond and May have been up to over the past couple of months.

So, for one night of the week at least, you can banish cookery and home-improvement programmes from your screen and enjoy some good old-fashioned petrol-based fun.

In episode one, we decided to find the finest driving road in Europe. Coincidentally, Lamborghini, Porsche and Aston Martin have recently seen fit to release a brace of new lightweight road-racers in the form of the Gallardo Superleggera, 911 GT3 RS and V8 Vantage N24. To quote Hammond, I think you can see where this is going.

Also in the first programme, Jeremy takes to the test track in an improbably powerful VW Golf, and we put a monarch (sort of) in our reasonably priced car when Dame Helen Mirren comes to visit.

Later in the series, we’ll treat you to a selection of massive challenges and stunts. You’ll see the glorious return of the amphibious cars, in a voyage that makes the crossing of a reservoir look a tiny bit feeble. We put the biofuel we grew last series to seriously good use. And we spend an entire programme in Africa as our intrepid presenters attempt one of our wildly over-ambitious, but cheap, races.

Also: it was massively delayed, gave some of the finest engineering minds in Europe nervous breakdowns, and is too expensive for all but the richest Arab potentates - and that’s just the car. Find out what happened when the Bugatti Veyron met the Eurofighter.

It might surprise you to know we’ve even thrown in some road tests and reviews of the most exciting and interesting cars to hit the road - including the latest Ferrari, Porsche-baiting new Audi R8 supercar and hotly tipped Caparo T1.

So, stop the clocks, silence the dog with a juicy bone and cancel anything you were planning to do on Sunday evenings for the next ten weeks - Top Gear is back!

sounds good

ReputationRep:
    I take it you all saw the new episode then? What did y'all think?

was alright, not one of the best im afraid to say :eek:

the cool wall was funny

ReputationRep:
    No more Cool Wall?!?!

Loved the repeated slating of Fifth Gear. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    It saddens me to know that Top Gear is mostly completely fake though.

I mean - the episode where the caravan got set on fire - faked.
    Bah.

Still.

James May <3

ReputationRep:
    a lot of it is obviously faked though, but it doesn't stop it from being a good laugh.

I enjoyed the one just shown, but like said above, not the best one ever.

tonights was funny
    wish they had reviewed some more cars though.
    the news was brilliant and the whole france thing kept me quite amused :p:

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.