The Student Room Group

TSR Top Gear Society

Scroll to see replies

TOP GEAR Special (No 1 of 2) today! :dance: - I'd actually forgotten :mmm:

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May compare the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Porsche 911 GT3 RS and Ferrari 458 Italia in an epic road trip up America's east coast. They undertake a series of challenges culminating in a race to find the fastest way into New York City, all in the name of crowning the world's greatest sports car. Plus, motor-related gear for Christmas and another Star in a Reasonably Priced Car

BBC2 8:00pm-9:15pm (1 hour 15 minutes)
One of my favourite shows in my favourite city :love:
Reply 1502
Dammit I'm working! Have to catch it on iPlayer late tonight
Does anyone else think that this will be top gear's last series?
It's my favourite show but I think they are running iout of ideas. :frown:
Original post by OmnipotentOmelette
Does anyone else think that this will be top gear's last series?
It's my favourite show but I think they are running iout of ideas. :frown:

Certainly not. After EastEnders it's the most watched show on the BBC.

It's not running out of ideas but they recently started to heavily script everything and it just became a little silly. I think they've acknowledged this (remember reading it in their blog) and it should hopefully be a bit more natural this series.
IT'S STARTED :nutcase: :dance:
458 Italia :love:
That was an excellent episode. The Yoga bit at the end just topped it off :rofl:

Anyone for some pussy? :awesome:
I didn't realise this was actually the a proper episode!
Original post by sandys1000
I didn't realise this was actually the a proper episode!

:mmm: What did you think it was?
Original post by The Stig
:mmm: What did you think it was?

Something like the Vietnam episode, without star in a reasonably priced car etc.
Reply 1511
That was an excellent episode. The Yoga bit at the end just topped it off :rofl:

Anyone for some pussy? :awesome:

:lol: :rofl:

I thought today's episode was terrific, now definitely looking forward to boxing day's episode :yep:
Certainly not. After EastEnders it's the most watched show on the BBC.

Are you sure? Worldwide audience possibly, but not in the UK surely :beard:

Today was nice though, turned over for Danny Boyle but the road trip was great. Bring on the Middle East :sogood:
That show was fantastic, great cars :sogood: and as always made me laugh a lot!

I can't wait for their special challenge across the middle-east, that should be epic :woo:
Original post by Colbert
Are you sure? Worldwide audience possibly, but not in the UK surely :beard:

Today was nice though, turned over for Danny Boyle but the road trip was great. Bring on the Middle East :sogood:

Top Gear averages 7m viewers per episode. Eastenders normally has around 8-9m. Strictly Come Dancing gets around 7-9m aswell. So it's around third.

The most recent episode figures aren't out yet although this weeks ratings wouldn't really be representative as a whole as we've had the strictly come dancing final and the apprentice final which has attracted a lot viewers.
I'm not sure what I'll expect of TG on Sunday. Yeah, it'll be funny, but I hope it doesn't bring out the complainers who go on how TG is such a waste/irresponsible :blah: :blah: The series looks good though and I thoroughly enjoyed last nights episode! The race through NYC was a birlliant idea!
Reply 1516
Sls - oh yes.
The series preview certainly looked good. The episode was superb.
Intrigued by the challenge which has the S65 AMG and the Rolls Royce. Special and the new series looks incredible.

Quick Reply

Latest