The Student Room Group

TSR Top Gear Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student2806
There was news.

Ah yes, there was :redface:
who thought this episode seemed a bit....muted? Not enough stuff happend, and they didnt do the montage which I always look forward to
Reply 1642
Original post by clad in armour
who thought this episode seemed a bit....muted? Not enough stuff happend, and they didnt do the montage which I always look forward to

I agree, it was a bit dry at times, but I guess that's Top Gear for you, I guess maybe were expecting a bit too much considering the last episodes we watched for it :holmes:
Original post by clad in armour

The series montage was done in the first episode before Christmas (which technically made this episode 2).
I really enjoyed tonight. You can see they're taking it back to its roots as a car show, rather than just 3 men fooling around - a fairly serious look at the Ariel Atom, a long bit on an everyday car that people watching can actually afford and a look back at the history of the 911, albeit with a weird twist. Good stuff as far as I'm concerned :yy:
Not bad, not bad at all. :holmes:
Episode was AWESOME!...

Best bit was a Stock £13k motorbike absolutely nailing it round the track...

And if they posted it on the board it would be 2nd behind the Atom V8 and ahead of every other car ever round there.

And this is a stock motorbike on oem tyres etc...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2011/January/jan2411-s1000rr-second-fastest-ever-round-top-gear-track/
Reply 1646
Given what Clarkson did when Hammond tried to put a Ducatti (I think) on the Cool Wall, I can't imagine a motorbike ever appearing on the lap chart!
Reply 1647
Skoda 'film' was very good. Quite informative too, showing what a good car it actually is!
Original post by thomasp
Given what Clarkson did when Hammond tried to put a Ducatti (I think) on the Cool Wall, I can't imagine a motorbike ever appearing on the lap chart!

Ducati 1098 if i remember correctly....

And yea, he did take a chainsaw to the cool wall. I thought Hammond would have tried to put the BMW S1000RR on the wall as he does love motorbikes...

Original post by Finchux
Skoda 'film' was very good. Quite informative too, showing what a good car it actually is!

Yea, this series is looking to be a lot better.

More proper car reviewing based stuff but with a funny side. Last series it was just getting stupidly ridiculous at times, they had become a parody of themselves...

I don't want them to become fifth gear but just toning down the stupidity at times seems to go well in that episode...
Info regarding the upcoming show: http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2011/01/28/england-vs-australia-in-the-top-gear-ashes/

Looking at the picture, it looks like the same thing they did when they played against German Top Gear. I hope it's not the same.

Looking forward to the 599 GTO review. That car is immense.
Reply 1650
Original post by The Stig

Original post by The Stig
Info regarding the upcoming show: http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2011/01/28/england-vs-australia-in-the-top-gear-ashes/

Looking at the picture, it looks like the same thing they did when they played against German Top Gear. I hope it's not the same.

Looking forward to the 599 GTO review. That car is immense.

It doesn't look quite the same - one of the cars is upside down :p:
Original post by thomasp

Ah yes, in the German the cars were on the roof but the correct way up. So they've taken a step further in this was one :tongue:
Original post by thomasp

Ah yes, in the German one the cars were on the roof but the correct way up. So they've taken it a step further in this was one :tongue:

Reply 1653
BMW teaches drivers how to avoid bombs
Video: evasive driving techniques taught at former Soviet military base. Fire happens

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/bmw-driver-training-video-2011-01-28

:yy:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1654
Immense driving in the rally sequence.
The Stig James was absolutely ****ing amazing in that rally.
Great episode :yy:
I loved the transit van. You could tell it wa scripted but still a great watch and still one of the best TV shows out there!
Did anyone else cringe when they spent a few minutes just slagging off Mexico? It was uncharacteristic of Hammond as well to just really lay into Mexico.
James ffs. :adore:
I was out and missed it! I caught a glimpse; the upside down steering looked nuts!

Quick Reply

Latest