Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Top Gear Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    2-ton rhino vs. Peel P50 :rofl:

I like the Aussie trio :yep:

ReputationRep:
    That was a good episode. They've changed a few things around, like them turning up in muscle cars.

The driving through with those tiny cars was just absolute madness! :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Not a lot of love going round for TG at the mo.

Steve Coogan getting in his punch:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/20...rkson-mexicans

This would be the same Steve Coogan who once hugged Jezza...
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/hot-in-here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Not a lot of love going round for TG at the mo.

Steve Coogan getting in his punch:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/20...rkson-mexicans

This would be the same Steve Coogan who once hugged Jezza...
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/hot-in-here
    Ironic how he's writing about them going to far when I think he's gone a bit too far himself with that article.

If you hadn't watched the episode, that article illustrates an 'attack' :curious: ... yeah, they took a bit far but it was nothing more than that. It's articles like this that cause people to jump on the band wagon and shout and complain about stuff they haven't even watched.

ReputationRep:
    What's on in today's episode..............

Hello again. So, it’s been a pretty quiet week here at Top Gear. No major developments or notable events to speak of. Richard momentarily misplaced his mobile phone; the heater in James’s Ferrari went on the blink; Jeremy discovered for the first time just how many fake Clarksons there are on Twitter and was LITERALLY astounded. And that’s about it.

So, to Sunday’s show, and what a delicious programme we’ve cooked up for you this week. For starters, we’ve got a test of three very hot hatchbacks on our track. Jeremy does his best to pick a favourite from the Ford Focus RS500, Cosworth Impreza CS400 and Volvo C30 PCP before discovering a small but rather indigestible problem with each of them which will become apparent in due course.

Our main course this week is a tasty test of the Rolls-Royce Ghost, Mercedes S65 AMG and a rather unusual Bentley Mulsanne which involves a fat man and an untimely death. We’ll leave it at that for now rather than ruin your appetite for this sizzling two-parter.
    http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...ekend-episode/

Half an hour to go guys, on today on BBC2 at 8pm :yy:

ReputationRep:
    It's a two-parter? Interesting. I don't remember that ever happening before.

Not long to go now! :awesome: ... really looking forward to the trip. All three of those cars are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Every boy racer in the country now wants a Ford Focus RS500 in matte black.

ReputationRep:
    I love Jonathon Ross's description of Hammond!

ReputationRep:
    Love the Albanians for letting them film that!

And love how they even put a dummy in the car at the end :P

ReputationRep:
    I actually want a Mercedes S65 AMG now...

ReputationRep:
    ?"oh crikey, its the albainian rozzas!"

best quote of the night xD

ReputationRep:
    I missed the first few minutes. Where was the Mulsanne? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thank Allah for Top Gear

ReputationRep:
    Excellent episode. I'm surprised they let them drive like that on their public roads but seeing a massive Rolls powersliding across windy roads is just incredible.

I'm intrigued as to what happened with the Bentley? I can only imagine that Bentley refused to give them one but why?

Also, it looks like Jonathon Ross has been getting some style tips from his good friend Russell Brand with his skinny jeans and high tops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    Excellent episode. I'm surprised they let them drive like that on their public roads but seeing a massive Rolls powersliding across windy roads is just incredible.

I'm intrigued as to what happened with the Bentley? I can only imagine that Bentley refused to give them one but why?

Also, it looks like Jonathon Ross has been getting some style tips from his good friend Russell Brand with his skinny jeans and high tops
    Albania being a dodgy country probably. I can see why if it's those reasons but it's a bit lame of Bentley to pull out.

ReputationRep:
    That was the most hollywood-esque Top Gear episode ever! Really enjoyed it, the Merc just looks sublime!

I must say though, despite being a Top Gear super fanatic, I watched an old Top Gear episode (I think of series 2) today on Dave and it reminded me how much I genuinely enjoyed car journalism. There's not really much (or any at all) left of it now which is a shame but I'm enjoying the episodes just as much :yep:

I quite like how Jezza and May used to review cars by taking them to particular parts of Britain, talking about a specific town, community, society etc. and then made it relevant to the car.

Nevertheless, I'll take an Albanian bank robbery in a Merc and Rolls Royce any day :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    That was the most hollywood-esque Top Gear episode ever! Really enjoyed it, the Merc just looks sublime!
    Definitely. Looked amazing.

They showed very little of the inside of the Rolls though. They just showed the other two on their radio's talking to each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    I'd guess it was a combination of the location (insurance...) and what the producers were planning on doing with the cars. "Erm, we're going to pretend to rob a bank and then have a high speed chase with the police along a narrow, winding road next to a sheer drop".

It looked like a good trip to Albania, although I was only paying half attention in the first bit. Have to iPlayer it when I have more time.

Loved what The Stig was listening to :teehee: That Jezza doesn't seem to give much of a **** makes me like him even more. More people should be like him.

ReputationRep:
    Rolls and Mercedes were alright with it :dontknow: ... the Bentley would've just completed it and made an impeccable trio of cars.

Post show discussion: http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...ow-discussion/

:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Clarkson is one of the best TV personalities of our time :yep: I think he says a lot of the things people think and wish they could say but don't for fear of not being PC.

Also more people should read his work in journalism. He genuinely is a very good writer, very unique ways of getting his points across. I don't enjoy any article more than his on the times.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.