TSR Top Gear Society Watch

BackDoorEntry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
And you've only just noticed that?!
When they were in Alabama writing gay stuff over each others cars, it kinda clicked back then!

But the electric cars and the injured soldiers features were a good way to end it.
Marc Fiorano
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Top Gear is back, new special on today BBC 2 at 8pm

The special is about..

Spoiler:
Show
The three go to India in classic British cars to boost the UK economy on a trade mission by taking unique British products there to see if they can get them to start trading lol
Champagne Supernova
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
Thread revival :moon:

I was reading about this in the small section in the Radio Times (though it was still being edited when it went to print) and the boys were commenting how they were viewed by the Indians as, like, these Gods who are gracing them with their presence. Slight exaggeration of course, but consider how popular TG is in India :yes: Still though, looking forward to tonights ep though I do think specials should be confined to one a series or, like with this one, a pre-episode of nonsense. A bit like the old days where 'challenges' were few an far between.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 6 years ago
TG is back ffs :sogood:

I expect the stig to be in sort of a traditional indian dress (a saree for those who know) with a red dot on his helmet ffs :mmm:
Champagne Supernova
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
TG is back ffs :sogood:

I expect the stig to be in sort of a traditional indian dress (a saree for those who know) with a red dot on his helmet ffs :mmm:
:rofl:

The Stigs Indian cousin :rolleyes:
Luceria
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can't wait!
The Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have been looking forward to this for ages! If past specials are anything to go by this will be amazing. Nice choice of cars too, although I certainly wouldn't want to be driving a:

Spoiler:
Show
Mini (car Hammond chose for the trip)

on the crazy India roads :teehee:
Atrixa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really looking forward to this episode- love the choice of cars!
kidoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Top Gear Christmas special starts in 10 mins on BBC HD, anyone excited? This year they are in India 'representing' British cars while on a budget.
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...mber-8pm-bbc2/

"The backbone of the Top Gear specials has always been the toughness of the challenge, from the frozen North Pole to the desolate salt pans of Botswana to the jungles and mountains of South America. But, this year, we’ve taken on our biggest challenge of all: sorting out the British economy.

Let me explain. A few months ago, Mr Cameron said our nation must become a favoured trading partner of India: currently, we do more business with Ireland than with this country of 1.2 billion people. Top Gear, we thought, could help solve this problem with a trade mission, flying the flag for UKPLC. Our plan was to drive across India, drumming up interest in British goods, advertising the peerless standards of British skills, British nous, British Britishness. We would make the Indians think: “No, we shall not buy mayonnaise from Belgium, but Angel Delight and Kendal Mint Cake from the British.”

Usually, on Top Gear challenges, we give ourselves a pitiful budget of a couple of hundred quid for each car. But, this time, Britain’s reputation was at stake. We couldn’t be seen sitting in a puddle of engine oil by the side of the road. You don’t see Prince Andrew cracking out the spanners on his foreign visits.

So we thought we’d spend a bit more and buy three cars that represented the best of British. With their budget of seven grand each, Jeremy and Richard excelled themselves, Jezza picking up a 1995 Jaguar XJS 4.0-litre – the Celebration edition, no less – and Richard buying a tidy Mini Cooper.

But James, in his OCD idiocy, decided he wanted a Rolls-Royce. Unfortunately, the only Rolls-Royce you can buy for seven grand is a 1976 Silver Shadow…"

Seriously though its starting at 8pm today the Christmas special though its a few days late ........at least its on so people get ready to tune in to BBC2 for fun
timothytom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Like telling a farmer to milk his cow.
:P
The_Male_Melons
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Watching it now and it is pretty hilarious. They should go to Pakistan next.
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
looooool these guys are so racist
kidoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ended, not as amazing as expected but not bad either - In terms to of Top Gear specials this receives a 7/10
beanstalkgirl_24
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hilarious as usual. Going to watch it again on iPlayer just to relive some of the highlights.

Whatever everyone thinks about Jeremy Clarkson and his 'shoot them' comments about the National Strikes, he is pretty funny. Well, at least I think so. O_o
MadMike457
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good, not a single mention of christmas though?

I love the classic mini, by far my favourite of the three vehicles.
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mini was cool :yep:

And May being left behind on the train platform :rofl:
Super Cicero
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its all so staged and pre-planned. I mean they obviously carefully planned the "British IT" and "Eat English Muffins" parts before hand.

It was very funny in parts, but not as good as some of the previous specials.
ConnorB
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It was a fantastic Episode!

Ok it didn't (and nothing will) top their USA trip to New Orleans.

But I was in hysterics with the food toppling over and couldn't breathe when the mini got its face ripped off!
The British slogans on the trains were brilliant too!

Would have liked to seen more about the actual cars though!

USA (New Orleans) trip
Vietnam Trip
Middle East Trip
Bolivia Trip
USA (New York) Trip
African Trip
and Now the India Trip!

Where to next? Australia? China? Russia?
S-man10
Report 6 years ago
No stig :sad:

Good episode

Some of the indian girls in the party ffs :sogood:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads