The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
She is overrated. She has a good voice but on her albums she is over produced and sounds better live however her music is just plain boring. My mum bought the album and 1st time I heard it I liked it after the 2nd or 3rd play I had heard enough. It lacks the depth and interest to hold your interest long term. Still she is young and may yet develop into a great artist provided all this attention doesn't spoil her.
You mean over weighted? :fatcontroller:
Adele is a complete moron and a hypocrite.

"I love food and hate exercise. I don't have time to work out. I don't want to be on the cover of Playboy or Vogue. I want to be on the cover of Rolling Stone or Q. I'm not a trendsetter. I'm a singer. I'd rather weigh a ton and make an amazing album than look like Nicole Richie and do a **** album. My aim in life is never to be skinny."

So her logic here is that in order to look good, she must forgo making great music. Yeh, makes perfect sense Adele.

I love seeing Lady Gaga’s boobs and bum. I love seeing Katy Perry’s boobs and bum. Love it. But that’s not what my music is about. I don’t make music for eyes, I make music for ears.

So in praising herself, she feels the need to insult other singers, insinuating that Katy Perry and Lady Gaga have no musical talents like hers.

And just to show how much of a hypocrite she is:
Adele-Vogue-US-390x553.jpg

Well done for getting your tits out Adele.
Reply 43
shes fat
Reply 44
Original post by APonderingMind
Adele is a complete moron and a hypocrite.

So her logic here is that in order to look good, she must forgo making great music. Yeh, makes perfect sense Adele.

So in praising herself, she feels the need to insult other singers, insinuating that Katy Perry and Lady Gaga have no musical talents like hers.

And just to show how much of a hypocrite she is:
Adele-Vogue-US-390x553.jpg

Well done for getting your tits out Adele.

In her defense she is young and these magazines can be very persuasive, put yourself in her shoes perhaps she not happy with the picture but was talked into it on the day. I once spoke to the actress Emily Woof who was also a performace artist who worked a lot with gender and femminist issues. She was also several years older than Adele and she found herself in a position where she was photographed for glossy mags in skimpy clothing. While she hadn't been forced she had been subtley coerced.

I am no big fan of Adele but I wouldn't judge her too harshly for this image.
Original post by Panda Bear
Yes. I'd gladly take one for the team by marrying her and treating her like a princess forever if it means she doesn't write another damn my-boyfriend-broke-my-heart song.

I want to be her bf then break her heart so she can sing about me. "We could not have it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall!!!!" :biggrin: But I could have her tits. :biggrin:
I mention tits because she is one of the few singers that does not do striptease on male magazines to get more promotion and even if I don't like her much, I say "Props to you, Adele."
Well Adele isn't to blame for being overrated, people are. After all, they're the ones doing the rating.
Reply 47
She's got a nice voice and all, but now that she's getting laid she's taking a break.
She's a good singer, but definitely overrated. People talk about her as though she's the female version of Robert Plant and Freddie Mercury when they were at their peak. Although that tends to be those who have no knowledge of music history and think that no music was created before the 1990s.
Reply 49
Original post by Dr Good Manners

:yep:

She looks hilarious... like a cross between Farrah Fawcett and Mrs Slocombe
All I have to say is that she has one impressive mop of hair.
Reply 51
I've never listened to her music so can't comment on it, but I saw her being interviewed on an episode of Jonathan Ross and her mockney accent is far more unappealing than her rather pudgy figure.
Reply 52
Apparently her acceptance speech got interrupted last night. Lol..............
Reply 53
Original post by Hermóðr
I've never listened to her music so can't comment on it, but I saw her being interviewed on an episode of Jonathan Ross and her mockney accent is far more unappealing than her rather pudgy figure.

Mockney? Where do you think she's from?
Reply 54
Original post by ROYP
Mockney? Where do you think she's from?

I neither know nor care, but she sounds very mockney.
Original post by mistermojo
I don't think I've ever actually heard any of her songs to be honest :tongue:

How?!!1?!
Original post by Historophilia
Personally, while I don't think she's a genius or in the Kate Bush league, I do think she deserves them.

She is very good, she has a very good voice, her songs are very good and she writes them herself. These songs seem to really connect with people and are written about something meaningful rather than about going clubbing or having sex as most of what is in the charts is about.

She is a breath of fresh air when 90% of artists and particularly female artists don't write their own songs or music and rely on their looks and raunchy videos to get them success.

She is genuinely talented (though as I've said not a genius), she is genuine and ordinary and people like her and connect with her. She should be role model for aspiring young female singers to show that you don't need to have your arse on show and to dance like a stripper to make it, talent can get you there and will gain you more respect.

I completely agree.

I don't think she's as good as certain people make her out to be (ie 'da best singur everrrrr'), but I do like her and think she's a bit of fresh air in the charts.
Not really. I hadn't even heard of her before the grammy awards so...
Reply 58
I actually thinks shes got an amazing voice, and seems very down to earth
Reply 59
Original post by Hermóðr
I neither know nor care, but she sounds very mockney.

You say it as if she hasn't lived in London her whole life :confused:

Latest