Turn on thread page Beta

Are Humans Animals? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just saw this video and it made me sick. But in hindsight it makes you realise how lucky you are.Some people live like animals.Dont watch it if you're easliy shaken. It makes me believe more than ever that humans are just animals with a very unstable civil guise.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/beatasnitch.html

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Bluelight, you have just proved right all my suspicions with that video.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid sick primitive freaks:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Yes im aware that they're pretty much all black, but thats not the point. I defy anyone not to be disturbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluelight)
    Yes im aware that they're pretty much all black, but thats not the point. I defy anyone not to be disturbed.
    Really? :eek: I hadn't noticed!

I wasn't "disturbed"; I've seen plenty worse videos, and I was expecting that one to happen.

ReputationRep:
    Well whatever, you can reference that video in another thread to help you prove your point, i dont care.Call me naive but that was the most upsetting thing ive ever seen .Uggh nobody stepped in to help her and the guy just opened the car door ! Just goes to show how animalistic people can be despite presumably, having some kind of social upbringing.

That really was sickening to watch and i admit it has made my stomach go queezy. All that for grassing a criminal up to the police? I noticed something else as well....nah...forget it.......they will still blame it on the white man.

ReputationRep:
    Pray tell what did you notice other than your fixation on race? Can't you just for one minute get on the actual topic.

ReputationRep:
    Why didnt she just drive the car away? You'd think one person would say this is out of order.

ReputationRep:
    That was pretty disturbing. What the hell was it all about, what did she supposedly "snitch" on? It's amazing that not one person in the crowd thought to try and defend her. Sometimes people can just be complete animals.

I don't think it had a blind bit to do with race, by the way, I've seen plenty of violence amongst not-so-cosmopolitan communities.

ReputationRep:
    Not the friendliest thing I've ever seen but worse things have happened. You people are easily shocked. I don't recommend A Clockwork Orange for you.

(Original post by Zoecb)
    Not the friendliest thing I've ever seen but worse things have happened.
    Like what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    Like what?
    Videos of people being beheaded are pretty rank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    Like what?
    !!! Yeh like what! I dont consider myself to be ignorant but that was just, i don't know , surreal?? I still can't believe people could do that, ive heard about beatings but seeing it makes it all the more worse. And i could watch a clockwork orange because no matter how horrific it is, its fictional, the most shocking thing, was that it was a real woman being beaten and having her hair pulled with real feelings, ughhh.

ReputationRep:
    Well according to both my BF and my physiology teacher, yes we are, but the main difference between us and the 'other' animal world is that we have a conscience. Apparently. Anyway as an avid environmentalist I think we as humans should learn to treat other organisms on this planet with more respect, but hay I'm just the founder of TSR's EA Soc, lol so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Silly black *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Lol!

I guess it would have an impact if I saw it happen in front of me.
    I tend to just run away in the face of mass violence though. Strong sense of self preservation. But people get beaten up every night in the high street. A load of them acting together is just a bit unusually co-operative.

ReputationRep:
    We're certainly not rocks.

ReputationRep:
    Well I actually couldn't see the video (my uni restricts access to only web pages, we can't even see most images :p: ) but I'm glad I didn't see it then! I was just replying to the title back there, nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Well according to both my BF and my physiology teacher, yes we are, but the main difference between us and the 'other' animal world is that we have a conscience.
    Self-conscious is the defining characteristic, the great apes and some cetaceans have this in a vague sense but it is only fully developed in humans.

Whilst biologically humans are animals, the key issue as to whether the mortal (animal) coil is simply that or whether humans exist as something more is an issue of theology, philosophy and also psychology (c.f. Freud's tripartite division of the psyche).

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.