Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Venom 07
    I Am Going To Do Myself In
    In The Next Couple Of Days
    All Because Of A Girl

ReputationRep:
    Attention whore lol

If this is a serious post, don't do it. There is much more to life than girls. Don't you have friends or family? Or someone to talk to? Accept the girl as a friend and move on.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if a forum is the best place to talk about this - perhaps you could phone or email somebody from the samaritans: http://www.samaritans.org.uk/ to talk over your problems with? Perhaps you have a close friend or relative you could contact them and tell them how you are feeling? There are certainly more things to life than girls, but it might just be difficult to see that at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike)
    I'm not sure if a forum is the best place to talk about this - perhaps you could phone or email somebody from the samaritans: http://www.samaritans.org.uk/ to talk over your problems with? Perhaps you have a close friend or relative you could contact them and tell them how you are feeling? There are certainly more things to life than girls, but it might just be difficult to see that at the moment.

I wouldnt recommend the samaritans to anyone.

Its their policey not to try and talk people out of killing themselves!!

and if venom is serious...

why? what did she do?

ReputationRep:
    screw girls - they aint worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Scotto)

I wouldnt recommend the samaritans to anyone.

Its their policey not to try and talk people out of killing themselves!!

and if venom is serious...

why? what did she do?
    what? The samaritans exists so that people feeling depressed or suicidal can talk over their problems and have somebody non-judgemental listen to them. They do not actively persuade people out of suicide purely because of that: they are non-judgemental and are there to listen. And if the original poster is feeling depressed/suicidal about something, it might be a good idea for him if he spoke to somebody like that. Why are you actively discouraging somebody not to get any help?

ReputationRep:
    what? The samaritans exists so that people feeling depressed or suicidal can talk over their problems and have somebody non-judgemental listen to them. They do not actively persuade people out of suicide purely because of that: they are non-judgemental and are their listen. And if the original poster is feeling depressed/suicidal about something, it might be a good idea for him if he spoke to somebody like that.

Theres better organisations. Non judgementalness isnt reserved only for that organisation.

I find their whole concept of not talking people out of commiting suicide a totally morally bankrupt ideal.

People ring them TO BE Talked out of it. Its a cry for help and they should recognise the phone call as such... anyone who tells someone that they want to commit suicide are crying for help and the sooner they recognise that the better.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but I seriously don't believe in this why would you publicise this and especially in a topic called "Attention everybody read this" I would have to call this attention seeking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Scotto)

Theres better organisations. Non judgementalness isnt reserved only for that organisation.

I find their whole concept of not talking people out of commiting suicide a totally morally bankrupt ideal.

People ring them TO BE Talked out of it. Its a cry for help and they should recognise the phone call as such... anyone who tells someone that they want to commit suicide are crying for help and the sooner they recognise that the better.

I didn't say that the samaritans was the only organisation, it was a suggestion of many. And if you believe there are better orginisations, can you suggest one for the benefit of the original poster?

I might be wrong, I just believe that whether you are feeling suicidal/depressed/just a bit annoyed, it's good to talk to someone who doesn't have an opinon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venom07)
    Venom 07
    I Am Going To Do Myself In
    In The Next Couple Of Days
    All Because Of A Girl
    Either you're attention seeking or you're just someone who desperately needs help.

If you seriously think ending you're life...not living the future....missing out on the life you 'could' have had.........is less important than THIS girl, then you better think again.

It's not worth it. You have you're whole life ahead of you.

I believe that those people who consider killing themselves are extremely selfish. People who suffer from cancer and other diseases would die to spend another extra day with their families or live their life..and you are thinking of killing yourself. You're taking life for granted. Do something with you're life instead of sitting around and moping about this 'girl'. It's pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenageclay)
    I'm sorry but I seriously don't believe in this why would you publicise this and especially in a topic called "Attention everybody read this" I would have to call this attention seeking.
    Whether it is or it isn't, wouldn't it be better to give him the benefit of the doubt in this case and just offer helpful advice?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say that the samaritans was the only organisation, it was a suggestion of many. And if you believe there are better orginisations, can you suggest one for the benefit of the original poster?

I might be wrong, I just believe that whether you are feeling suicidal/depressed/just a bit annoyed, it's good to talk to someone who doesn't have an opinon.

for sucidalness he should find a cbt number...
    he needs a bit of perspective. rather than a "I wont judge you for wanting to commit suicide, you have to do what you have to do"

i agree with milli two posts above.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't serious.

venom just wants attention.

ReputationRep:
    well toodle-loo have fun

ReputationRep:
    If you wanted to kill yourself, you would have done it already.

ReputationRep:
    Enough, I think. If venom really is suicidal then all this cruelty won't help. He needs to go and get some serious professional help.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2006
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.