The Student Room Group

Student Finance!

Hey,

I'm curious to know if anyone knows if the student finance has payment options?

Like if you can chose to have it all at once or if it is only quarterly?

x
Reply 1
You can't choose when you receive your SF payments. It will come in 3 payments: one at the beginning of the first semester (Sept/Oct), one in January and one at the beginning of the 3rd semester.
Original post by SLWright01
Hey,

I'm curious to know if anyone knows if the student finance has payment options?

Like if you can chose to have it all at once or if it is only quarterly?

x

Original post by Shani
You can't choose when you receive your SF payments. It will come in 3 payments: one at the beginning of the first semester (Sept/Oct), one in January and one at the beginning of the 3rd semester.

Nope sorry I'm afraid Shani is right I've completed all my SF forms and received all relevant corresponds back confirming how much I will receive and the exact date to when.
There are 3 payments for each (the Grant, Loan and Tuition fee's.....(although you will never see this one)) and you should receive the grant and loan on the same day. This obviously depends on what you applied for, what household income tier you fell in and your uni's term start date. (The dates of payment should be the exact same as the start of term date)

for example mine are the October 1st, January 14th and April 29th The total is divided by 3 and released on the allocated dates. The first two payments should be exactly the same in amount but you may find your third payment is slightly more! Hope this was helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending