Turn on thread page Beta

Claiming Compensation From Royal Mail watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I had two fairly large compensation claims a few years back in the space of a month. One for a graphics card they lost sending abroad and one for some christmas lights that cost me £350 to post abroad. The first got lost and the second arrived 3 days late(when you pay that much for shipping you expect it to be delivered on time).
    Anyway i had to endure a lengthly process of phonecalls, waiting x days to see what happened, more phonecalls then i had to send loads of documents to their head office etc... I did end up getting a nice fat cheque for £800 about 5 months later. So my advice is don't give up on them. They are obliged to refund you but they will do their best to make you think it isn't worth the hassle.
    Also they are making money by keeping you money so it isn't like they have alot to lose.

ReputationRep:
    I use eBay a fair bit, and I sold an old dinner service for my aunt when she moved abroad - I super packaged up some plates for a woman - sent them special delivery and they were WRECKED, the parcel MUST have been kicked around or something

So the woman sent me pictutes of the packaging and the broken stuff, I found a retail catalogue for the plates - sent it all off with a claims form and got the FULL rrp back as a cheque about a week later!

I must have just been lucky!

ReputationRep:
    :yy:
    (Original post by Juno)
    No. Important things go Special Delivery.

Less important things go Recorded. Recorded is exactly the same system as normal post, but the postman takes a signature on delivery. Special is an entirely different system.

well check you out with your superior postal knowledge : )

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.