Turn on thread page Beta

not usually jealous of people.... but now? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not usually one to get jealous (of other people or in relationships), but there is this one girl, a year below me, who i have recently (in the past month) become incredibly jealous of. She is one of these girls that everyone thinks is pretty (especially lads) and she's good at sports, very nice etc... but so are loads of people! But every time I see her I get so jealous of how she looks and how people act towards her. How do I stop being so jealous, and why am I jealous of her... if i'm almost never jealous of anyone??

ReputationRep:
    By adapting to a new way of thinking, this is how you get over jealousy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    By adapting to a new way of thinking, this is how you get over jealousy.
    like what, though? its just odd bc its never happened to me before.

ReputationRep:
    By getting to know her, and realising that she is human, just like everyone else, and has her insecurities and flaws.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Katie*)
    By getting to know her, and realising that she is human, just like everyone else, and has her insecurities and flaws.
    true... you're right... i guess i just don't understand why im so jealous all of a sudden!

ReputationRep:
    Females are weird. Just ignore her, and maybe she's not that great at school?! So why be envious of a dumbass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inclination)
    Females are weird. Just ignore her, and maybe she's not that great at school?! So why be envious of a dumbass?
    yes, i'm definitely smarter than her, i know that. but im still so jealous... now maybe i think it means that i wish i was conventionally pretty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladygrey)
    yes, i'm definitely smarter than her, i know that. but im still so jealous... now maybe i think it means that i wish i was conventionally pretty.

By conventionally pretty, you mean what? What does this girl look like?

ReputationRep:
    If it's of any consolation, one day she will get old, fat, and ugly. In her old age, she won't have anything if she's ugly and incapable of playing sports due to arthritis, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Shave her head while she's sleeping. Then she won't be so pretty and you won't need to feel jealous any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inclination)
    By conventionally pretty, you mean what? What does this girl look like?
    actually... maybe not conventionally pretty... i dunno, brown shiny hair, tan, pretty eyes, nice body, dresses like everyone else... shes one of those girls that other girls say "yeah, she's pretty" but guys say "she's SO hot"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosionsinthesky)
    Shave her head while she's sleeping. Then she won't be so pretty and you won't need to feel jealous any more.
    then i'd need to find out where she lives... no need to start a stalking mission. :p:

ReputationRep:
    actually... maybe not conventionally pretty... i dunno, brown shiny hair, tan, pretty eyes, nice body, dresses like everyone else... shes one of those girls that other girls say "yeah, she's pretty" but guys say "she's SO hot"
    She does sound hot. However that description epitomizes the majority of females which makes me wonder if she really is THAT special. (Though I will admit that I prefer brunettes.)

ReputationRep:
    jealous = insecure.
    get to know her and find out exactly what about her is bugging you

ReputationRep:
    then i'd need to find out where she lives... no need to start a stalking mission. :p:
    what's her name?

ReputationRep:
    do you talk to her at all?

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't be jealous of her if she is younger than you because you have nothing to worry about

I find it hard to tell feelings of jealousy apart from gay ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    what??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Excuse me? :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.