The Student Room Group

not usually jealous of people.... but now?

I'm not usually one to get jealous (of other people or in relationships), but there is this one girl, a year below me, who i have recently (in the past month) become incredibly jealous of. She is one of these girls that everyone thinks is pretty (especially lads) and she's good at sports, very nice etc... but so are loads of people! But every time I see her I get so jealous of how she looks and how people act towards her. How do I stop being so jealous, and why am I jealous of her... if i'm almost never jealous of anyone??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
By adapting to a new way of thinking, this is how you get over jealousy.
Reply 2
Markus
By adapting to a new way of thinking, this is how you get over jealousy.

like what, though? its just odd bc its never happened to me before.
Reply 3
By getting to know her, and realising that she is human, just like everyone else, and has her insecurities and flaws.
Reply 4
*Katie*
By getting to know her, and realising that she is human, just like everyone else, and has her insecurities and flaws.
true... you're right... i guess i just don't understand why im so jealous all of a sudden!
Females are weird. Just ignore her, and maybe she's not that great at school?! So why be envious of a dumbass?
Reply 6
Inclination
Females are weird. Just ignore her, and maybe she's not that great at school?! So why be envious of a dumbass?

yes, i'm definitely smarter than her, i know that. but im still so jealous... now maybe i think it means that i wish i was conventionally pretty.
ladygrey
yes, i'm definitely smarter than her, i know that. but im still so jealous... now maybe i think it means that i wish i was conventionally pretty.

By conventionally pretty, you mean what? What does this girl look like?
If it's of any consolation, one day she will get old, fat, and ugly. In her old age, she won't have anything if she's ugly and incapable of playing sports due to arthritis, etc.
Shave her head while she's sleeping. Then she won't be so pretty and you won't need to feel jealous any more.:biggrin:
Reply 10
Inclination
By conventionally pretty, you mean what? What does this girl look like?

actually... maybe not conventionally pretty... i dunno, brown shiny hair, tan, pretty eyes, nice body, dresses like everyone else... shes one of those girls that other girls say "yeah, she's pretty" but guys say "she's SO hot"
Reply 11
explosionsinthesky
Shave her head while she's sleeping. Then she won't be so pretty and you won't need to feel jealous any more.:biggrin:

then i'd need to find out where she lives... no need to start a stalking mission. :p:
ladygrey
actually... maybe not conventionally pretty... i dunno, brown shiny hair, tan, pretty eyes, nice body, dresses like everyone else... shes one of those girls that other girls say "yeah, she's pretty" but guys say "she's SO hot"

She does sound hot. However that description epitomizes the majority of females which makes me wonder if she really is THAT special. (Though I will admit that I prefer brunettes.)
jealous = insecure.
get to know her and find out exactly what about her is bugging you :smile:
ladygrey
then i'd need to find out where she lives... no need to start a stalking mission. :p:

what's her name?
do you talk to her at all?
You shouldn't be jealous of her if she is younger than you because you have nothing to worry about
I find it hard to tell feelings of jealousy apart from gay ones.
Reply 18
Anonymous

what??
Anonymous

Excuse me? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending