Guys - respecting a woman Watch

Poll: Would you respect a girlfriend who gave you oral sex?
No, a decent woman wouldn't do it. (8)
25.81%
Yes, it's a normal part of sex. (23)
74.19%
This discussion is closed.
Pretty Boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wendizzle22)
Yup
Hey yo, its not that I wouldnt respect them, its just that I wouldnt respect them as much.

The situation would be betterif she hadn't slept with anyone. But you know, I'm not a bad guy and I MIGHT be able to accept one past partner....its just that I prefer not to have to think about past partners.
munchkin18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pretty Boy)
maybe thats because I have got crazy teenagers like Fairy et al to reply to as well.

Anyway, quit buggin me, you're like a nutty ex girlfriend that doesn't know when to give up.
harsh, youre provoking the comments!
Pretty Boy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Apricot Fairy)
He's basically saying he expects a far, far higher level of chastity and purity from any girl he will deign to have a relationship with than they can expect of him.
Yes, because I respect 'good girls'. Sugar an spice an all things nice. not oral and anal.
Apricot Fairy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Unless it's encoded in some secret language what's so confusing about the poll?
Because you could be someone who hates the very idea of oral sex, in which case you'd be likely to vote for the first option without really considering it, when you should really only vote for the first option if you think that any girl who ever gives a guy (even her husband) oral sex is disgusting and does not deserve to be respected.
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
Yes, because I respect 'good girls'. Sugar an spice an all things nice. not oral and anal.
But you've received oral sex, right? So by those standards, you're not a "good guy", but you expect the girl to be a "good girl".
Pretty Boy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by munchkin18)
harsh, youre provoking the comments!
i wasnt tryna be harsh but she kept giving me statistics about females in Britiain in a vain attempt to prove I'm not smart or whateva.
munchkin18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey yo, its not that I wouldnt respect them, its just that I wouldnt respect them as much.

The situation would be betterif she hadn't slept with anyone. But you know, I'm not a bad guy and I MIGHT be able to accept one past partner....its just that I prefer not to have to think about past partners.
that's fair enough i guess, but what are you going to do every time you meet a girl who you would like to date? is the first question you ask her going to be 'how many guys have you slept with?', and will you be straight out of the door if the number is higher than 1?
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?

So how many partners have you had then? And is a girl who is a virgin or has had only one partner supposed to accept your past when you wouldn't do the same?
munchkin18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
but what exactly is bad about oral?
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
i wasnt tryna be harsh but she kept giving me statistics about females in Britiain in a vain attempt to prove I'm not smart or whateva.
Are you still talking about me?
kizer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can you be consistent please?

As for anal/Oral - decent guys dont respect girls who have done either.

Some forgive it, but they dont respect it.
Or are you finally admitting you aren't a decent guy?

But you know, I'm not a bad guy....
Apparently not...
Pretty Boy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Apricot Fairy)
But you've received oral sex, right? So by those standards, you're not a "good guy", but you expect the girl to be a "good girl".
I AM a good guy an you know it!

Nah, listen, I dont like sexually promiscuous girlz. Its different for guys IMO!
kizer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Um no, that was me, showing why you hadn't interpreted the poll you referred to correctly. And it wasn't a vain attempt, as far as I can see you now realise you were wrong, but are too proud to admit it so you just want us to 'move on' - that doesn't make the attempt in vain..
Pretty Boy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by munchkin18)
but what exactly is bad about oral?
Its disgusting to think about semen/penis in a girls mouth from another guy.

Thats whats so bad.

An you know, its not a nice thought to imagine your girl in that position with another guy or even guys.
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?

Nah, listen, I dont like sexually promiscuous girlz. Its different for guys IMO!
It's not different for guys. Try finding me a girl who actually accepts that view. I've had one partner and I would feel uncomfortable being with a guy who had had significantly more partners than me. I don't like the idea of going out with a guy who's been around. So if I met someone who had, I would obviously have to decide how much I liked him. And if I decided to go out with him anyway, I would have to accept his past as part of him and let it go. I expect no less from the guy.
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
Its disgusting to think about semen/penis in a girls mouth from another guy.

Thats whats so bad.

An you know, its not a nice thought to imagine your girl in that position with another guy or even guys.
Think "your girl" likes imagining you with previous partners any more? Think it turns her on or something?

You're just retarded.
munchkin18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

i do agree, it is different for guys and it probably always will be. as much as we think society has changed, we cannot change mens opinions of women. but to a certain extent i do think it's worse to be a sexually promiscuous girl than a sexually promiscuous guy
Pretty Boy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kizer)
Um no, that was me, showing why you hadn't interpreted the poll you referred to correctly. And it wasn't a vain attempt, as far as I can see you now realise you were wrong, but are too proud to admit it so you just want us to 'move on' - that doesn't make the attempt in vain..
lol, plz, are u EVER gonna drop it?
kizer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Ok then, what's wrong with this argument against what you said above:

1) It is ok for guys to be promiscouous, so therefore it is ok for ALL guys to be promiscuous.

2) If all guys are promiscuous, by definition at least one girl is promiscuous (and obviously far, far more in reality)

3) Guys being promiscuous leads to girls being promiscuous which you don't like.

4) Therefore you shouldn't like promiscuous guys!

EDIT - to clarify by 'like' in line 4 I mean approve of/be one of.
kizer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol, plz, are u EVER gonna drop it?
The thing is, the stereotypes people have against those who hold your views on women are that they are arrogant and boastful. I'm just impressed you managed to prove both of these in one thread!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (69)
19.66%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (144)
41.03%
Nope, not that interesting (138)
39.32%

Watched Threads