Turn on thread page Beta

Guys - respecting a woman watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you respect a girlfriend who gave you oral sex?
    No, a decent woman wouldn't do it.
    25.81%
    Yes, it's a normal part of sex.
    74.19%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)
    Come on. I know its not fair lol. But I'm a guy - I have needs, lol.

But you know, its HER choice and a good girl will make good choices and I will respect her for it.
    do you know what, it's fine if you like good girls. but remember good girls don't like bad boys and from the sound of it you're quite happy to sleep around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizer)
    PB, this is the difference between you and Munchkin. I don't think Fairy would have such a problem with you if you thought girls who slept around were evil, going to hell etc etc, so long as you thought the same about guys. Your views are just by definition sexist. And while you are entitled to have them, she is entitled to argue against them and to dislike them.
    I dont see them as sexist regardless of you definition. I see them as reality.

I wish it was different, I wish girls sexual history didnt bother me, but it does and it does for my friends too.

I dont mean to be offensive.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Dont blame me. Its just how things are.

I'm just the only one that doesnt mind gettin bad repped for sayin it
    So where are you going to find a girl who meets your exacting standards and doesn't mind the fact that you're completely sexist, unforgiving and have a superiority complex? You think it'll be easy to find a girl who can accept both your harsh and critical views towards women and your sexual history?

If your personality shines through, I predict most women will run a mile...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizer)
    Ok then, what's wrong with this argument against what you said above:

1) It is ok for guys to be promiscouous, so therefore it is ok for ALL guys to be promiscuous.

2) If all guys are promiscuous, by definition at least one girl is promiscuous (and obviously far, far more in reality)

3) Guys being promiscuous leads to girls being promiscuous which you don't like.

4) Therefore you shouldn't like promiscuous guys!

EDIT - to clarify by 'like' in line 4 I mean approve of/be one of.
    Look I'll even quote it so you don't have to find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin18)
    do you know what, it's fine if you like good girls. but remember good girls don't like bad boys and from the sound of it you're quite happy to sleep around
    I didnt say I'm quite happy to sleep around. Im sayin it happens when I'm drunk. I usually dont ever want to see the girl again. If I was fine with it, I wouldnt feel like that.

Good girls do like bad boys - thats how it works!

ReputationRep:

I wish it was different, I wish girls sexual history didnt bother me, but it does and it does for my friends too.

All fair enough. Let me ask you then - do you think a guy's sexual history bothers girls? Coz this is where I may be able to understand you better - if you don't think it does, then the consistency of your morality becomes less dubious, although it still doesn't resolve the argument of my previous post.

ReputationRep:

So you don't think your so-called "reality" might be sexist? Because the reality of Islam is pretty sexist, and that doesn't make it an illusion.

You don't wish it was different. You're quite happy to screw about and expect your girls to be as pure as the driven snow. Don't lie.

And yes, you're being incredibly offensive and you really should get a clue. Probably when you're 40 and single because no woman will come near you. You say a man has needs, so I predict that when you're 40 you will be regularly visiting a prostitute. Poetic justice, if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apricot Fairy)
    That doesn't make it right...

At the moment millions of people worldwide are starving. Are we supposed to say, "Oh well, that's the way the world works. Rich people wouldn't be rich if the poor weren't poor...."?
    no, i know what youre saying, but right now i think there's more important women's equal rights issues. issues about women's pay is something we should be looking to address and change, you know real social policy and problematic issues. gendered promiscuity is so opinion based that i really don't think it will change in our lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt say I'm quite happy to sleep around. Im sayin it happens when I'm drunk. I usually dont ever want to see the girl again. If I was fine with it, I wouldnt feel like that.

You are truly delusional. The kind of girls who are waiting for marriage are not going to be happy to wait for someone who has had a history of drunken one night stands.

ReputationRep:
    So where are you going to find a girl who meets your exacting standards and doesn't mind the fact that you're completely sexist, unforgiving and have a superiority complex? You think it'll be easy to find a girl who can accept both your harsh and critical views towards women and your sexual history?

If your personality shines through, I predict most women will run a mile...
    That is sooo harsh. I would never say anything like that to you!

I dont think that very 'exacting standards' its just one thing.

Im not sexist, I'm realistic.

Its not that I dont forgive - its that I CAN'T forgive.

And I dont have a superiority complex, I dont know where u get that from.

And I dont tell girls my views, I keep them to myself and my mates.

ReputationRep:
    no, i know what youre saying, but right now i think there's more important women's equal rights issues. issues about women's pay is something we should be looking to address and change, you know real social policy and problematic issues. gendered promiscuity is so opinion based that i really don't think it will change in our lifetime.
    But for most people, it already has. Think how much times have changed in our parents' and grandparents' lifetimes.

And you can't really compare it to issues such as equal pay. Those are legal issues. This is about culture in general, and you change it through public opinion.

ReputationRep:

lol, hmm good girls do like bad boys (and don't i know it), but we just like them, we wouldn't go out with them. i think good girls like the idea of changing bad boys...

ReputationRep:

Well it seems you answered my question before I even asked it

But there are a couple of things that result from that

1) How do you class girls that don't like bad boys - as abnormal/weird? Or even bad themselves? Because if you do then you are not respecting other people's views for no reason other than your prejudice, which would explain why ApricotFairy takes such exception to you.

2) Would you give all girls you chatted up the clear indication you had been with lots of girls before? Would you ever not tell a girl this, win her trust and then use her having strong feelings for you to have sex with her, of whatever kind? If so then surely that would be unfair on the girl.

ReputationRep:
    That is sooo harsh. I would never say anything like that to you!

I dont think that very 'exacting standards' its just one thing.

Im not sexist, I'm realistic.

Its not that I dont forgive - its that I CAN'T forgive.

And I dont have a superiority complex, I dont know where u get that from.

You're just unbelievable. I don't think I'm being harsh at all. What could be more harsh than thinking a woman is a ****, but sleeping with her anyway on the grounds that you'll never see her again, and then expecting to end up with a meek little virgin who has been waiting for you her whole life?

I'm telling you, someone who has been waiting her whole life for the right guy will expect the wait to have been worth it. In short, she'll expect better than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizer)
    All fair enough. Let me ask you then - do you think a guy's sexual history bothers girls? Coz this is where I may be able to understand you better - if you don't think it does, then the consistency of your morality becomes less dubious, although it still doesn't resolve the argument of my previous post.
    No Kizer, I dont think it does. Most girls are happy to get the guy they like so badly.

I think they may be a bit suspect if the guy has had over 30 sexual partners but in my experience they seem more forgiving.

some girls even think the guy must be popular if he has had that many partners.

Girls are more centred on the emotional thing/connection IMO

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't the fact you don't tell people you are trying to get with your views about women suggest there may be something offensive about them?

ReputationRep:
    But for most people, it already has. Think how much times have changed in our parents' and grandparents' lifetimes.

And you can't really compare it to issues such as equal pay. Those are legal issues. This is about culture in general, and you change it through public opinion.
    but people get too caught up in the cultural issues, cos at the end of the day, who cares? do you actually care what people think about you? because i know i don't care what people think about me. as long as i have the respect of my family and friends i'm happy. however, i do care about equal pay.

ReputationRep:
    lol, hmm good girls do like bad boys (and don't i know it), but we just like them, we wouldn't go out with them. i think good girls like the idea of changing bad boys...
    Ok, so we like bad boys, but we won't think they are boyfriend or husband material. In the same way that PB likes to get blow jobs and random drunken sex from "slutty" girls, but doesn't consider them to be girlfriend or wife material.

So.....the views of men and women are really not so very different then, are they?

Sure, every 15 year old girl wants to go out with a bad guy. But adult women go for the gentlemen every time, and PB is about as far removed as you can possibly get from a gentleman.

ReputationRep:
    You're just unbelievable. I don't think I'm being harsh at all. What could be more harsh than thinking a woman is a ****, but sleeping with her anyway on the grounds that you'll never see her again, and then expecting to end up with a meek little virgin who has been waiting for you her whole life?

I'm telling you, someone who has been waiting her whole life for the right guy will expect the wait to have been worth it. In short, she'll expect better than you.
    Has PB ever said he would do that? As in a quote?

ReputationRep:
    No Kizer, I dont think it does. Most girls are happy to get the guy they like so badly.

I think they may be a bit suspect if the guy has had over 30 sexual partners but in my experience they seem more forgiving.

some girls even think the guy must be popular if he has had that many partners.

Girls are more centred on the emotional thing/connection IMO
    Most girls I know go for the kind of guys who have not slept around....

So I guess you're wrong there as well.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.