Turn on thread page Beta

Guys - respecting a woman watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you respect a girlfriend who gave you oral sex?
    No, a decent woman wouldn't do it.
    25.81%
    Yes, it's a normal part of sex.
    74.19%

ReputationRep:
    C1, Katie, Thats where its at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)
    Apricot attacks me like I've done something to her, I've never done anything except express my views.
    It is possible to attack people with words and not fists, y'know.

ReputationRep:
    I am a good guy, jeez. Theres no one more loyal than me in a relationship.

I pay for everything when we go out and I dont let anyone be nasty to her.

I just have my views on what I want a girl to be like. just like u have your views on guys.

Apricot attacks me like I've done something to her, I've never done anything except express my views.
    that's all well and good, but if you've had numerous sexual partners whilst in a drunken state then surely you can see why you have not so nice guy image?!

ReputationRep:
    I am a good guy, jeez. Theres no one more loyal than me in a relationship.

I pay for everything when we go out and I dont let anyone be nasty to her.

I just have my views on what I want a girl to be like. just like u have your views on guys.

You are not a good guy. Being arrogant, chauvinistic, unforgiving and hypocritical are not the characteristics of a good guy. Sleeping around with random women when drunk and criticising women who dare to have more than one partner or have given oral sex to a previous boyfriend are not the actions and words of a good guy.

I want a guy who hasn't slept around, who considers me to be his equal, who will respect me because he loves me for who I am regardless of my past, who is not a chauvinist pig, and from whom I can expect the same standards of behaviour that he expects of me. These things are far more important than paying for things, given that I would be his girlfriend and not his prostitute. And not letting other people put me down would be a prerequisite for any boyfriend, not a particular characteristic of a good one.

ReputationRep:
    Yo, I dont like guys who 'use' girls. Like those who hang around a girl for weeks just to sleep with her and then leave her.

Thats a bit different to two drunk people going home etc...
    Not really. I think using girls is exactly what you do. And then you have the audacity to expect, to even think you are good enough for someone who is completely pure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizer)
    Why would that make you a good guy?? Because women can't deal with the big bad world and need guys to pay for them and protect them from everything?

Oh and I'm looking forward to your replies
    No, because its the gentlemanly thing to do. I offer to pay I dont demand to pay.

And sometimes girls do need to be protected. e.g. I've had exes who's boyfriends use to stalk them.

And i've had exes who have had fights with friends etc.

ReputationRep:
    No, because its the gentlemanly thing to do. I offer to pay I dont demand to pay.

And sometimes girls do need to be protected. e.g. I've had exes who's boyfriends use to stalk them.

Mmm, because no one's ever had a fight with a friend before....

You're so up your own arse.

ReputationRep:
    Yo, I dont like guys who 'use' girls. Like those who hang around a girl for weeks just to sleep with her and then leave her.

Thats a bit different to two drunk people going home etc...
    so youre saying your drunken conquests are fine to sleep with but you'd never have one for a gf? is there never a possibility you might actually want to continue things with any of them?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty Boy can't help but be common. Leave the lad alone.

ReputationRep:

All fair enough, but that isn't what your post said which is the one I picked up on.. I just try and clarify things is all.

And despite your promise you still haven't responded to my argument, and only part of one question I was hoping you would answer. Do I really need to quote them again??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apricot Fairy)
    You are not a good guy. Being arrogant, chauvinistic, unforgiving and hypocritical are not the characteristics of a good guy. Sleeping around with random women when drunk and criticising women who dare to have more than one partner or have given oral sex to a previous boyfriend are not the actions and words of a good guy.

I want a guy who hasn't slept around, who considers me to be his equal, who will respect me because he loves me for who I am regardless of my past, who is not a chauvinist pig, and from whom I can expect the same standards of behaviour that he expects of me. These things are far more important than paying for things, given that I would be his girlfriend and not his prostitute. And not letting other people put me down would be a prerequisite for any boyfriend, not a particular characteristic of a good one.
    YOU WHAT?? you want a guy who HASNT slept around. After all your protesting you want the SAME DAMN THING as me!

Dont you see that. An u crucify me for it.

I could come with a load of insulting words about you, but I dont feel you're a bad person and wouldnt do it anyway.

An whats this obsession with postgraduate study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inclination)
    Pretty Boy can't help but be common. Leave the lad alone.
    Sure he can! He has a law degree!

I've got a law degree.[
    see??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizer)
    All fair enough, but that isn't what your post said which is the one I picked up on.. I just try and clarify things is all.

And despite your promise you still haven't responded to my argument, and only part of one question I was hoping you would answer. Do I really need to quote them again??
    yea, quote them again. But im sure i answered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin18)
    so youre saying your drunken conquests are fine to sleep with but you'd never have one for a gf? is there never a possibility you might actually want to continue things with any of them?
    I've tried. It makes me feel unwell. Thats how I feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizer)
    Sure he can! He has a law degree!

Going to prison and experiencing law firsthand isn't the same thing as having a law degree.

All in all, he seems like a decent bloke. Sure, he dates chavs and sleeps around, but it's his environment.

ReputationRep:
    YOU WHAT?? you want a guy who HASNT slept around. After all your protesting you want the SAME DAMN THING as me!

Dont you see that. An u crucify me for it.

I could come with a load of insulting words about you, but I dont feel you're a bad person and wouldnt do it anyway.

An whats this obsession with postgraduate study?
    You're the one who keeps talking about how educated and intelligent you are, before blaming your mathematical incompetence on a government conspiracy....

And yes, I want a guy who hasn't slept around. Why? Because I haven't slept around. Because I want someone who attaches the same significance to sex that I do. Because I don't want to catch god knows what.

But if I go out with a guy who has had sex with his previous girlfriends (ideally no more than two or three, given his probable age, although the acceptable limit would naturally increase with time) I don't consider that to be sleeping around. I just don't want to go out with a guy who's had drunken one night stands with girls he never wanted to see again, particuarly if he's then hypocritical enough to disrespect me for the fact that I have, at some point in the past, swallowed the semen of an ex-boyfriend I was with for a year and a half.

Comprendez?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizer)
    Ok then, what's wrong with this argument against what you said above:

1) It is ok for guys to be promiscouous, so therefore it is ok for ALL guys to be promiscuous.

2) If all guys are promiscuous, by definition at least one girl is promiscuous (and obviously far, far more in reality)

3) Guys being promiscuous leads to girls being promiscuous which you don't like.

4) Therefore you shouldn't like promiscuous guys!

EDIT - to clarify by 'like' in line 4 I mean approve of/be one of.
    Well if you insist.

(Original post by kizer)
    1) How do you class girls that don't like bad boys - as abnormal/weird? Or even bad themselves? Because if you do then you are not respecting other people's views for no reason other than your prejudice, which would explain why ApricotFairy takes such exception to you.
    Something else that must have slipped your mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apricot Fairy)
    You're the one who keeps talking about how educated and intelligent you are, before blaming your mathematical incompetence on a government conspiracy....

And yes, I want a guy who hasn't slept around. Why? Because I haven't slept around. Because I want someone who attaches the same significance to sex that I do. Because I don't want to catch god knows what.

But if I go out with a guy who has had sex with his previous girlfriends (ideally no more than two or three, given his probable age, although the acceptable limit would naturally increase with time) I don't consider that to be sleeping around. I just don't want to go out with a guy who's had drunken one night stands with girls he never wanted to see again, particuarly if he's then hypocritical enough to disrespect me for the fact that I have, at some point in the past, swallowed the semen of an ex-boyfriend I was with for a year and a half.

Comprendez?
    Oh so 3 sexual partners is cool but not more? seems like ur the hypocrite and you've totally changed your tune.

Edit: And I dont go on about how intelligent I am, I'm just defending myself when u guys say I am dumb and have no brain. Im just showin you I havve sum sorta brain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inclination)
    Going to prison and experiencing law firsthand isn't the same thing as having a law degree.

All in all, he seems like a decent bloke. Sure, he dates chavs and sleeps around, but it's his environment.

Read through this thread, you haven't understood his position.

ReputationRep:
    Oh so 3 sexual partners is cool but not more? seems like ur the hypocrite and you've totally changed your tune.
    She's not a hypocrite because she DOESN'T sleep around. Maybe it's the definition of 'sleeping around' causing the problem. She feels picking up drunk girls and having sex, then never wanting to see them again, should be thought of differently from sex in a good relationship. I agree.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.